Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Here are some pictures I took in Canada...these are hybrid sled dogs. Very lovely critters. Husky plus other breeds, so they are thought to have more endurance and better temperament than purebreds. Chilly cousins of the Belize potlickers, lovemuffins, et al.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsnLNi5ctmMZ

S
S
Thanks for the shots!

Great pictures!!!! Thank You.

I am so PROUD of my rescue group I've got to let everyone know. Here is a portion of a message that came out this am from our head barker:

"Well, folks, it has been an awesome month!!!! We rescued 62 doggies and 9 kitties from kill shelters in the month of March!!!!
If that is not unbelievable enough, we have placed 146 dogs in loving homes for the first quarter of 2006!!!!! That is 146 dogs in loving home in just 3 months! I do not have a total count on the kitties yet, this is just dogs."

This is what makes being a bona-fide qualified pooper scooper worth it!
laugh

S
OP Offline
S
Excellent work, Malibu! Thanks for the "scoop"!
laugh

Lynn, great photos. I very much enjoyed the Disney Movie "8 Below" - these sled dogs are a unique and wonderful species for sure laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
I have lived in the mountains at my current address for 29 years. I had a wonderful Malamute named Pax who pulled in my water, groceries, and me (on cross country skiis) one mile to my cabin. After my daughter was born, Micah, he would pull her in on a cheap little plastic red sled with a laundry basket lashed in it. The faster he would run, the more she would giggle. He was always VERY careful not to tip her over. He did this from the time she got too heavy for me to carry in a 'front pack' until she was four. They are VERY special dogs, indeed.....RIP Packy, aka Pax frown

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Gela. I saw that movie also and it almost wiped me out. I am a big sucker for dog movies and for Disney movies. Kept having to calm myself down. I was just too upset by the plot. Carla, Packy must have been just incredible. I have heard that breed is very special. (btw, the dogs we rode with in Canada were not always so careful. We were fine, but we heard that some folks got quite a "tip" after the dogs spotted a rabbit...must have been something to see!) laugh

Yes, he was VERY special. Micah's Dad, who looks alot like ZZ TOP the redheaded guy, had a seven dog team that were all red Siberian Husky's....it was a sight to see. The problem he had from time to time was when the lead dog had to stop and go potty, and the rest of them got tangled up....LOL eek laugh

Beautiful pups!

ArtZ SmartZ

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.