Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194449 - 04/27/06 10:20 PM Taking the Bus from Texas
TxGypsy Offline
I think it was Scubaldy that mentioned she took the bus from Texas down to Belize. I'd love to hear from her or anyone else that has done this. How do you get tickets....would you do it again.....was it comfortable....safe...etc.? I'd love to hear your experience...and I'm sure there are others that would too. I've done a couple of searches and frankly my spanish just isn't up to the task of wading through the sites I found(though I'm working hard to remedy the lack of hable espanol). Links to anything in english would be great! Thanks!

#194450 - 04/27/06 10:37 PM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
travelqueen Offline
With the current gas prices, and hotel costs, isn't flying more cost effective, not to mention easier...?

#194451 - 04/27/06 11:04 PM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
deacon+ Offline
OH but think of the adventure laugh

#194452 - 04/27/06 11:26 PM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
TxGypsy Offline
This Texas gal figures that the good Lord made my backside a certain number of inches off the ground and by golly that is where it ought to stay. It would have to be an EXTREME emergency to get me in a plane....someone on their deathbed doesn't even come close to urgent enough. I flew one time years ago. My first mistake was boarding the plane sober. I solved that when the stewardess came bay...got 5 little bottles and one coke(and I'm not a drinker) I dang near bent the arms of the chair on takeoff. I was scarred sober by the time we landed(after about 10 of those little bottles). Humans ought not fly! I've checked....we don't have wings. Can you tell I don't like to fly? I've been this way since wayyyy before 9-11.
I sure would appreciate info on that bus smile

#194453 - 04/28/06 12:06 AM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
Ernie B Offline
TxGypsy, how do you think you are getting from the main land to the island? Sure you could take the boat, but look at all the time youre blowing away. You stand a better chance of getting held up by banditos than having a aircraft problem. Welcome to the 21st centurey.

#194454 - 04/28/06 12:48 AM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
SimonB Offline
Bring lots of pillows, every inch of your body will need them.

#194455 - 04/28/06 01:32 AM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
travelqueen Offline
Ah, you're riding in the bus and not actually driving it... I originally read your post incorrectly - but have slept since then. wink A friend mentioned recently that it takes 3 days to get there from here (TX). If you do it, report back.

#194456 - 04/28/06 02:17 AM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Ah, there you have it.

Let us know how it goes by bus. Valium was made for a reason, should you need it. SIN should be able to hook you up.

#194457 - 04/28/06 03:29 PM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
Anonymous
CatMo - I just love it when you chime in! laugh

#194458 - 04/28/06 05:59 PM Re: Taking the Bus from Texas
Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by TxGypsy:
I think it was Scubaldy that mentioned she took the bus from Texas down to Belize. I'd love to hear from her or anyone else that has done this. How do you get tickets....would you do it again.....was it comfortable....safe...etc.? I'd love to hear your experience...and I'm sure there are others that would too. I've done a couple of searches and frankly my spanish just isn't up to the task of wading through the sites I found(though I'm working hard to remedy the lack of hable espanol). Links to anything in english would be great! Thanks!
Start in Harlingen , take that bus to the bus terminal in Matamoros. 11 dollars.

then you can go quickly or not by taking a bus to veracruz then chetumal. via hermosa is also along the way and even better, palenque. If you take only the main route matamoros-veracruz-chetumal , that spells out about 24 bus hours with ac and video

http://www.ado.com.mx/

Looks like 11 plus 67 plus 60= 138.00 dollars one way

edit https://www.ticketbus.com.mx/ticketbus/inicio.jsp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.