Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#194449 04/27/06 04:20 PM
T
TxGypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I think it was Scubaldy that mentioned she took the bus from Texas down to Belize. I'd love to hear from her or anyone else that has done this. How do you get tickets....would you do it again.....was it comfortable....safe...etc.? I'd love to hear your experience...and I'm sure there are others that would too. I've done a couple of searches and frankly my spanish just isn't up to the task of wading through the sites I found(though I'm working hard to remedy the lack of hable espanol). Links to anything in english would be great! Thanks!

With the current gas prices, and hotel costs, isn't flying more cost effective, not to mention easier...?

OH but think of the adventure laugh

T
TxGypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This Texas gal figures that the good Lord made my backside a certain number of inches off the ground and by golly that is where it ought to stay. It would have to be an EXTREME emergency to get me in a plane....someone on their deathbed doesn't even come close to urgent enough. I flew one time years ago. My first mistake was boarding the plane sober. I solved that when the stewardess came bay...got 5 little bottles and one coke(and I'm not a drinker) I dang near bent the arms of the chair on takeoff. I was scarred sober by the time we landed(after about 10 of those little bottles). Humans ought not fly! I've checked....we don't have wings. Can you tell I don't like to fly? I've been this way since wayyyy before 9-11.
I sure would appreciate info on that bus smile

E
E
TxGypsy, how do you think you are getting from the main land to the island? Sure you could take the boat, but look at all the time youre blowing away. You stand a better chance of getting held up by banditos than having a aircraft problem. Welcome to the 21st centurey.

S
S
Bring lots of pillows, every inch of your body will need them.

Ah, you're riding in the bus and not actually driving it... I originally read your post incorrectly - but have slept since then. wink A friend mentioned recently that it takes 3 days to get there from here (TX). If you do it, report back.

Ah, there you have it.

Let us know how it goes by bus. Valium was made for a reason, should you need it. SIN should be able to hook you up.

* I Go Pogo *
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
CatMo - I just love it when you chime in! laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Originally posted by TxGypsy:
I think it was Scubaldy that mentioned she took the bus from Texas down to Belize. I'd love to hear from her or anyone else that has done this. How do you get tickets....would you do it again.....was it comfortable....safe...etc.? I'd love to hear your experience...and I'm sure there are others that would too. I've done a couple of searches and frankly my spanish just isn't up to the task of wading through the sites I found(though I'm working hard to remedy the lack of hable espanol). Links to anything in english would be great! Thanks!
Start in Harlingen , take that bus to the bus terminal in Matamoros. 11 dollars.

then you can go quickly or not by taking a bus to veracruz then chetumal. via hermosa is also along the way and even better, palenque. If you take only the main route matamoros-veracruz-chetumal , that spells out about 24 bus hours with ac and video

http://www.ado.com.mx/

Looks like 11 plus 67 plus 60= 138.00 dollars one way

edit https://www.ticketbus.com.mx/ticketbus/inicio.jsp

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.