Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline

I sse tourism picking up laugh

T
T
38dd, who are you?

OP Offline
LMAO

My posts are drug related HMMMMMMMMMMMM us sure your not smoking something RIGHT NOW I beleive you are mistaking me for someone else.

RMT Offline
Belize, just an observation but I don't think either of them meant you...?

I guess here goes yet another drug/alcohol discussion...

OP Offline
I posted the link since they are our neibours and people that live here would be interested in knowing what neibours are doing.

38ddguy

I think its my first drug post here

Boy I hope i dont become an addict LOL

Sure sounds like you went around the square to me??

OP Offline
Now I re-read it 5 times I can now see 38dd

must of been a long day

guess its time to take the drug of my choice

DARK CARIBBEAN AND COKE (the fizzy kind mind u)

38dd guy, June 7, 5:00pm, Pedro's Inn, meet me and I'll buy the first drink.

So my friend,will you be there? smile

It's clearly obvious that 38ddguy's silicone pouch has popped and his brain is swimming in a chemical soup, resulting in mental retardation and related cognitive disabilities.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Cool. Now that I know your one of those, I'll be prepared. laugh

S
S
BUT KNOW THIS--"I'll be watching closely and from nearby" you have not even been a member of this board a week and you are saying things like this to someone you don't even know. Why do people join a board just to take offense at people and try to cause division and strife ?

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
E
E
Wow, I didnt read it that way.

nor did I. Guess once ya make 64 posts, you are omniscient laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
omnihjdgt what?

S
S
well,now I have 65,and it still reads the same to me

S
S
Now 66,and still don't know what omniscient means,but I like the sound of it

Scuba do / I think you are correct in your interpretation of 38dd's post. First of all, he refers to deacon+ as "D-con" which is the name of mouse & rat poison, then says deacon+ is "self-assuming", then puts in the jab "could never be THAT thirsty." The whole post is condescending. However, some people find that sort of exchange OK and normal. I personally don't.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Scuba do / FYI - Definition of omniscient: 1: having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight 2: possessed of universal or complete knowledge
See what I mean about how some people feel that being condescending is OK and normal...

Scuba do, Pam&Dave, Thankyou

S
S
omniscient- sounds like Jesus

E
E
I dont know what it sounds like 'cause I cant say it. Pam???????

I'm nish ent wink

Hon Offline
[Linked Image]{{Ernie}} (those are hugs by the way laugh )

edit: In retrospect, this seems a little Kitty to me. I'm off to watch Fists of Fury with Mr. Hon. That should toughen me up!

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Ernie???????????
I know, you wouldn't want to be my neighbor. That's OK, won't lose any sleep over that fact.
I'm just a fun loving woman looking forward to an early retirement and spending time on the island in our new "casita." This board has introduced me to so many awesome people. It is a great tool for anyone planning on visiting AC or living on AC.
Much Thanks to all the people that keep this message board a positive information source - you know who you are.
Pam

E
E
Dude, Im innocent too

Hon, You Good Lokin Thang You

Pam, Why Thank You ! I would love to be your neighbor

Hon Offline
Ah, Ernie thinks I'm a 'Good Lokin Thang'! All is right in my world laugh

E
E
I'll sleep well too! smile

Topic: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized

In case anyone joined the thread late.

And now, back on topic:

This is a serious matter. By legalizing possession of some pretty hard drugs and yet keeping dealing and production illegal, Mexico will only increase the demand for those drugs. The drug dealers will get richer. The money saved on law enforcement for possession by users will have to be spent on rehabilitation.

Had Mexico legalized these drugs and also legalized (and therefore taxed and regulated) the production and sale of said drugs it would have made a lot more sense.

This new legislation really bites.

Chris, thankyou for bringing this back from coffee clutch chatter. Now the very small amounts of "legal" drugs will only stop the light weight user from prison, which is as should be. Dealers & pushers should still be dealt with as always. Addicts need a legitiment place to clean up. I don't see this being a threat to surrounding countries. I may be wrong but that ia my opionion.

Hon Offline
:rolleyes:

E
E
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cool

Back to the drug issue... I'm not opposed to legalizing pot, period. However, since I live about 100 miles north of the Mexican border in Orange County, California, I'm worried that all the teens (and oldsters, too) who want to get high for the night (on pot or cocaine) will drive down to Tijuana, get their drugs, then either drive back while wasted or try to bring their drugs back through the border. BIG mistake. They'll either end up in jail in the US, in jail in Mexico for being intoxicated in public, or dead on a freeway. I'm not sure which of the three is worse.

E
E
Well Kelly, that just took all the [#%!] and vinegar out of me. Us "old folks" like to have a little fun too.

kelly d who in Orange County is going to spend $45.00 in gas to buy $5.00 of dope in TJ. There are way to many places in your own neighborhood to buy let alone go to Mexico.

Hon Offline
Getting serious for a moment...the problem, as I see it, is that a person has to go to the same place to get a fairly benign substance (like pot) as they do to get a fairly injurious substance (like cocaine). If one could get their pot from the local 'coffee shop', like they do in Amsterdam, where more addictive, dangerous drugs were not available, might that not affect the number of people who are exposed to, say, cocaine and therefore affect the number of people who become dependant on these more powerful drugs?

If alcohol was illegal tommorrow, would people stop drinking? If pot was made legal with government restrictions as cigarettes would more people smoke? So what is your opionion boarders?

Hon...Every drug known to mankind is available in Amsterdam.
The DEA is a lot like the INS. Inept at their jobs.
If pot was legal would more people get high, or would the same people hitting the bong now be the only users?
crystal meth is what is causing all of the havoc these days.
Heroin is making a comeback.
Drug use=no job(can't pass the pee test)=crime
Is booze just as bad?
If drugs were legal would less people get killed world wide?
Are we not drugging kids and adults legally these days. ADD, give me a break! they're kids, make them go outside and play!
next...

Deacon and Immiss: I work at a high school, as well as having a 17-year-old son and a pile of teenage nieces and nephews, so my perspective is often taken from the teenage point of view. I'm sure every kid at my school knows where to get pot in about 48 seconds, but they also know it's illegal. They WOULD be dumb enough to drive to Mexico to get high legally. They already DO go to Mexico to get drunk legally.

If it were up to me, pot would be legal and have regulations similar to alcohol. Cocaine, heroin and meth would be available legally from a drug treatment program, sort of like methodone is now for heroin addicts, as a way to get weaned AWAY from the addiction without having to steal, prostitute yourself, etc. to support your habit.

Is booze just as bad? If you look at statistics, you'll probably find more violence, death, accidents, etc. from booze than from all the "illegal" drugs combined. But that's doesn't mean booze should be illegal. TEENAGERS should be illegal!

E
E
Kelly, just for the record, my comment was made in jest. I have never used ANY illegal substance including pot. Many of my friends, early on in business, did use it but they all new my feeling about it and never, after the first time, even offered it to me. Usually they would go out of their way not to use it when I was there. Trust me, I am no prude, just my opinion. Youre right on about teenagers !

excuse me... let me take a short toke and I'll be back with a comment... eek

Reaper, many good points. It's just worth noting that only weed and some varieties of 'shroom are legal in Amsterdam, and only in licenced "coffee" shops. Cocaine, Heroin etc. are all illegal and penalties for these drugs are severe.

IF alcohol was made illegal would any of you still drink? You may not want to answer that on this board but I think alot still would.

Where's SIN? Vacationing up north? laugh

Me, I'm on Chris' side. He's dead solid right about this one. Stupid, stupid move.

* I Go Pogo *
Deacon- that was tried once.....remember? Old lame argument. It was repealed, why?

government lost to much money. people still drank.

M
M
deacon you are a little off maybe

Alcohol legal= tax money , alcohol illegal = no tax money , alcohol made legal again = tax money. Off, how???

tax revenues, or loss there of, was not the mitigating factor....go read up.

Do the names JosepH Kennedy, Joseph Bannanno, Lucky Luciano, Myer Lansky, Al Capone, ring a bell. When individals and organizations make more money and have more influance than the government why do you think alcohol was once again legalized.

Also big bussinesses like Calver and Seagrams aplying pressure on the government may have contributed just alittle don't you think.

OP Offline
Chris

As you know I travel to Holland every 5-6 weeks and have been doing that for the past 5 years every 6 weeks or so and you are slightly off about the Shroom availability in Amsterdam so here a run of the deal (excuse the pun)on the drug scene in Amsterdam and holland.

1.) Pot of all sorts is available and the menu's in coffee shops offer more than 15 types of pot, hash, cannabis,space cakes, marijuana etc available to the purchaser and these are purchased via what is called a coffee shop which specifically is there for smoking drugs legally,

Alchohol is NOT available in these coffee shops. you are right they are required to be licensed to be able to sell however it is illegal to deal drugs so you have an oxymoron there as the coffee shops have to buy from a dealer to get there supply.

Smoking on the street or in other public places such as a regular bar is frowned upon and mostly its the tourists that make that mistake and a polite word from a police officer or bar owner ususally is sufficient to correct them. The only place to smoke without hassle is the coffee shops although you will not be bothered smoking in a public place unless someone makes a complaint.

Contrary to peoples belief pot is NOT LEGAL in Holland it is decrimanalized meaning the law turns a blind eye to it much like mexico is going to do HOWEVER Cocaine,Crack,Heroin,and X is ILLEGAL and penalties are harsh if caught.

You are allowed to grow 5 pot plants in your home any more than that and you will be considered a dealer of which the consequneces are dire.

A large variety of Mushrooms from all over the world are available and can be purchased from any gift shop in Amsterdam and are offered in dried, fresh, spores, even a grow your own kit.
There is no regulation on selling mushrooms and literally there are tons of shops in Amsterdam that you can buy any variety of shrooms legally over the counter (must be 18 years old)

Someone mentioned that other drugs are not available in Amsterdam, Reaper is right anything is available in Amsterdam they even sell all sorts of drug parafenalia in gift shops all over Amsterdam including cocaine kits allsorts of ways to smoke, tools to conceal your drugs on your person its actually shocking what they sell.

Heres where I might get some slack

After more than 12 years visiting holland on a very regular basis (9 times a year or so for the last 5 years in a row)I have to say that I personally have not nor do not see a problem with regards to pot use in holland.

Amsterdam is a tourist place and its the tourists that mainly go there and smoke there brains out the locals really dont have the same mentality as visitors do probably becuase it is available in any town in holland and there nobody telling them they cannot use it so it is used by locals much like you take a beer or a rum and coke.

I personally do not smoke and i have to say the people I hang out with there DO NOT SMOKE POT (with exception of 1 person) nor do harder drugs
and I constantly look to see if I can see a difference in the attitudes and there really is a lack of concern with smoking pot, those that do, go to the coffee shop or smoke at home and those that dont are not bothered by it nor take note of it.

I rememeber the first summer i was there and i was driving down the street where I have a home and in the huge picture window of a home close by it was covered in Pot plants enjoying the summer weather, I had to laugh cause it was so unusual to see that.

Depending on how mexico proceeds it could turn out to be the mexican Amsterdam.

While hard drugs are destructive i beleive from my extensive time in holland that the detriments are far less with Pot being legalized or decrimanalized than to keep it illegal and thats coming for someone that does not smoke pot.

Its a controversial subject and even the UK is considering decrimanalizing pot.
It is my personal belief as a non user that in the next 10 years it will be legal or decrimanalized in most places around the world.

Gaz

hcb, are you sure you're on the right thread?

confused

he/she got his/her buns crossed ya think? :p

Maybe he/she is doing drugs... lol

S
S
Drugs will always be a huge part on the American culture. We grow up on drugs, from baby tylenol to Aderal (amphetam salts) for adult ADD.

Making them legal will not raise funds for the rehabilitation of addicts, just as big alcohol doesn't publicly fund massive programs for alcoholics. Not in the real world. It will lower the costs, raise taxes and limit the voilence related in the cultivation and trade.

Big business doesn't want it legalized. They make too much money combating it! Government contracts, cushy posts in the DEA, etc. Tobacco and Alcohol doesn't want legal competition. Are you kidding me! Why did they outlaw hemp to begin with?

And besides, what a great reason to build a wall at the border, frisk you repeatedly, keep tabs on your assets and track your movements - IT COULD BE DRUG RELATED!

Legalize prostitution instead.

"Everything in moderation"
SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Legalize prostitution... what are you thinking SIN?! We already have problems with AIDS worldwide, and it only leads to abuse and exploitation of women (since generally women are those being used for this purpose anyways). Come on now.

Babe, he's kidding... he's gotta be!

Jackie22, IMO you're wrong. You should have watched the Penn and Teller show "Bullshit" the other week. From the preview on the "Bullshit" website:

"Everyone knows that prostitution is practiced throughout the land. Where it is legal - in only a few Nevada counties, prostitution is vigorously regulated and monitored by the State of Nevada Health Department. The women submit to compulsory medical tests for STDs. No one is forced to work as a prostitute. Pimps don't exist. HIV has never been detected. The women earn regular paychecks and tips. Some even get vacation and sick days. And they pay taxes! It's BULLSHIT that it's illegal for two consenting adults to have sex with each other!"

Of course, where prostitution is illegal in the USA, (almost everywhere) you have pimps, crack whores, violence against women etc.

Thanks Gaz - good post and I believe you --- but why do you go there?

Chris - you re right about the prostitution - except the countries where women are brought in and enslaved as prostitutes.

Jackie - as much as we don't like to look at it males (usually boys) are pimped a lot.

I've never used pot or any other illegal drug because I am so obsessive/compulsive I know I wouldn't do just a little. And sad to say I never knew enough to ask for money for sex.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Scubaldy: "except the countries where women are brought in and enslaved as prostitutes."

That's the point, prostitution isn't legal in those countries.

TQ... I figure he's only kidding... let's hope! smile

Oh and Chris... sounds like the legal prostitution is still very small and unknown to most ppl. In that case, glad to hear it's being regulated and at least giving these women more rights... but personally I don't think I'd choose to sell my body for money.

Oh here's more info on prostitution in Nevada:
About 30 legal brothels existed in the state in January 2004, employing about 300 female prostitutes at any given time. All but the smallest ones operate as follows: as the customer is buzzed in and sits down in the parlor, the available women appear in a line-up and introduce themselves. If the customer chooses a woman, the price negotiations take place in the women's room, which are often overheard by management. The house normally gets half of the negotiated amount. If the customer arrives by cab, the driver will receive some 20% of whatever the customer spends; this is subtracted from the woman's earnings. Typical prices start at US$100 and average about $300 for half an hour of intercourse and oral sex. The prostitutes almost never kiss on the mouth. Brothels do not have preset prices, the only known exception being Shady Lady brothel on Route 95, approximately 30 miles north of Beatty. Generally, the closer a brothel is to Las Vegas, the higher the prices. Thus Sheri's Ranch and Chicken Ranch, both located in Pahrump, are on the whole more expensive than other brothels. Sheri's Ranch is the larger of the two, and may have upwards of 20 prostitutes on its premises at any given time. It is also the more expensive of the two, and generally the most expensive legal brothel in Nevada.

Because by law brothels are not allowed to advertise in Clark County, some visitors to Las Vegas are not aware of their existence.

Brothel prostitutes work as independent contractors and thus do not receive any unemployment, retirement or health benefits. They are responsible for paying their own taxes, which many neglect, since it is mainly a cash business. The women typically work for a period of several weeks, during which time they live in the brothel and hardly ever leave it. They then take some time off. It has been argued that the tight control that brothels exert over the working conditions precludes the women from legally being classified as independent contractors.

Since 1986, when mandatory testing began, not a single brothel prostitute has ever tested positive for HIV. The mandatory condom law was passed in 1988.

A study conducted in 1995 in two brothels found that condom use in the brothels is consistent and sexually transmitted diseases are accordingly absent. The study also found that few of the prostitutes use condoms in their private lives.

[Linked Image]

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
OP Offline
Hey Harriette

I was previously married here in Belize to a dutch girl and we had a child and when he was 3 years old we split up she retunred to holland to live with my son, I remained here in Belize.

So since then every 5 to 6 weeks I have travelled to Holland to see my son and be a part of his life,

Expensive I hear u say but not really as I do a lot of trade shows so would always time my trips to co-inside with the dive shows and right after head over, I always fly continental so for example a flight to a show in NY from Belize is about $550-600 and I could add the Amsterdam leg on for an additional $250 so it worked out that I only paid a few hundred dollars to fly and then of course the miles piled up for some free flights so all it really took was a bit of effort.

A quick note about protitution which is legal in Holland it seems they have No problems whatsover the girls even have to pay taxes and are protected by the Police.
It very public in Amsterdam with the red light district and it gives a new meaning to window shopping, I actually took My dad and his girlfriend for a tour of the red light district when they visited for my sons birthday it was hilarious to see my dads face with all the girls in the windows.

Holland is a great place and they do seem to have done some things right which on the surface do not seem to have had a negative impact on the participants.

Gaz

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less.

Never took a dime my whole life. laugh laugh laugh

Maybe a dimebag or two laugh laugh laugh

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.