One person remains missing after two boats collided in the Placencia Lagoon Saturday night. Around ten o'clock that night ten people were on their way from Independence Village across the lagoon to Placencia. Six of the people on board the boat were children. The boat from Independence and another boat collided. The captain and several other people in the boat from Independence fell overboard. All were rescued except one man and one child. They have been identified as Clifford Adderly and his five-year-old son. Police have impounded the other boat involved in the collision and have detained the captain. Witnesses say that neither of the boats had navigation lights operating. Two Love F-M employees were on the boat from Independence. We spoke with Manuela Ayuso, who was thrown into the water as a result of the collision :

Manuela Ayuso:

There were some people boarding a boat and William approached them. It was not until we got into the boat until I realized that it was a chartered boat. A man and his family chartered the boat to go back to Placencia. We were no more that 5 minutes into the ride back to Placencia when all I heard William said was a boat a boat. After that I just felt an impact and some of us fell into the water. At that point I didn t know how many of us fell into the water but when I opened my eyes all I saw was the boat coming back towards me. William the boat has been spinning and that our captain has fell out of the boat. So he had to control it and turn down the engine. I believe the boat drifted away. It was dark, we couldn t see anything, and all we heard was the cries of the children. All we heard was daddy, daddy and the dad tried to calm his children. At that point really I wasn t sure how many people was in the water along with me, but I was sure that there was some people in the
!
water as well. I tried to keep afloat when I heard someone said the two people from Love Fm. I answered I m here but I m not sure where William is. I imagined it was few minutes later I realized I didn t hear anymore noises so I must have drifted off, maybe another few minutes and then I saw them coming back. Later on I realize that somebody had made an attempt to get past me in the other direction. When I looked around I saw a light that s when I started to head back towards the direction of the light. Coming closer I saw William on the boat and holding up what I know now was a telephone with a flashlight on it. This was when we try to make our way back to the boat. A little girl got in the boat before me because I saw William and another young lady trying to pull the little girl up. So, she got up before me. I was really tired so William had to jump in the water to get me because I was tired and I has been swallowing water so he came in to get me. By the time by the time
!
we try to make an attempt towards the boat the boat moved off again.
This was when William started to shout don t move, don t move . He was tired, I was tired and so another young lady on the boat stretched out her hand and that s how we managed our way back to the boat. After I got in the boat then the captain of the boat made his way to the boat and we pulled him in. so he was the last person to get into the boat. When he came in and the children started screaming again that s when we realized that the children dad was still in the water.

Rene Mendez:

Manuela, we know that this is an ongoing investigation now being launched by the relevant authorities. To your knowledge, were you guys given any life jacket like required upon entering the boat and to your knowledge, do you know if the boat had its lights on or was it off?

Manuela Ayuso:

Nobody on that boat was wearing a life vest that I could have see because I do remember turning around and looking at everyone in the boat because the dad upon coming into the boat he started to comfort his children, putting the towel around them and said now you are feeling cold. I remember looking back at that point and there was nobody wearing a life jacket. With regards to the light, I really didn t see any light on our boat. And after the incident it was pitch dark on the boat.

Rene Mendez:

What about the boat that hit the boat that you guys were traveling in? Did you see any boat coming? Did you hear any engine apart from the engine that was on your boat?

Manuela Ayuso:

I really didn t see it Rene. I was sitting on the first bench in the middle in between William and someone else. From where I was sitting I couldn t look over the bow of the boat and so I didn t see any boat. We had our heads down because it was drizzling and so to keep the rain out of our face we had buried our heads a little bit.

The other Love F-M employee who was on the boat was William Usher.

William Usher:

When we were in the boat it started to rain softly and I told Manuela to bend down her head and while the boat was moving I kept lifting up my head and bending down my head and for a moment I had my head down for a while. Something just told me I raise my head and look up and when I leaned towards the left for a little while that is when I said, A boat, a boat. At that time I did not hear an engine coming, everything I saw was a white vessel approaching us and that is when there was the impact and all those on the boat and upon hearing the impact that is when all the other crew members were thrown off the boat. At that Rene, I did not know that the captain of the boat was thrown off the boat and the boat went in a circle and then in a straight direction. The boat was going in circles and not realizing that the captain was not there and when I looked at the back of the boat I saw four kids and the captain was not there and then I noticed the boat going in circles and th
!
en I said, Wow! The kids were all screaming and then I said to myself that I have to take control of this boat and then I ran to the back of the boat and then straighten the boat s direction. I pulled the leaver and that is when the boat stopped. I realized that the people where still at the back and we needed to go back for them but then I don t know how to start a boat and that is when I asked and one of the kids and then he came forward and started the boat and headed back. At that point I started shouting, Manuela, Manuela. It was dark and still raining softly. So what I did was take out my phone and put the light on so that they will be able to see and come towards the boat. Upon getting closer I started hearing screams and so on and that is the time I heard Manuela saying, William, William come and help me, and at that point a kid was getting to the boat and I told her to hold on for a while for me to get the kid on the boat. I threw myself in the water a
!
nd swam towards Manuela and told her that she has to help me because I
cannot do this by myself and so we started moving towards the boat. As we neared the boat, it seems that the kid touched the lever and the boat started moving away from us and I screamed for him to stop the boat and I had to make an extra effort to move towards the boat. At that point I was feeling tired, exhausted. So told her to stretch her hand and make a big swim towards the boat and then she stretched her hand and I pulled and then we moved in. As far as I am aware, there were no life jackets in the boat nor were we given life jackets. We asked for a ride. Nobody on that boat had a life jacket and as far as I can remember there were no lights on the boats, no life on the boats. And the approaching boat did not have a light as well. That is all I can remember.

One person remains missing after two boats collided in the Placencia Lagoon Saturday night. Around ten o'clock that night ten people were on their way from Independence Village across the lagoon to Placencia. Six of the people on board the boat were children. The boat from Independence and another boat collided. The captain and several other people in the boat from Independence fell overboard. All were rescued except one man and one child. They have been identified as Clifford Adderly and his five-year-old son. Police have impounded the other boat involved in the collision and have detained the captain. Witnesses say that neither of the boats had navigation lights operating. Two Love F-M employees were on the boat from Independence. We spoke with Manuela Ayuso, who was thrown into the water as a result of the collision :

Manuela Ayuso:

There were some people boarding a boat and William approached them. It was not until we got into the boat until I realized that it was a chartered boat. A man and his family chartered the boat to go back to Placencia. We were no more that 5 minutes into the ride back to Placencia when all I heard William said was a boat a boat. After that I just felt an impact and some of us fell into the water. At that point I didn t know how many of us fell into the water but when I opened my eyes all I saw was the boat coming back towards me. William the boat has been spinning and that our captain has fell out of the boat. So he had to control it and turn down the engine. I believe the boat drifted away. It was dark, we couldn t see anything, and all we heard was the cries of the children. All we heard was daddy, daddy and the dad tried to calm his children. At that point really I wasn t sure how many people was in the water along with me, but I was sure that there was some people in the
!
water as well. I tried to keep afloat when I heard someone said the two people from Love Fm. I answered I m here but I m not sure where William is. I imagined it was few minutes later I realized I didn t hear anymore noises so I must have drifted off, maybe another few minutes and then I saw them coming back. Later on I realize that somebody had made an attempt to get past me in the other direction. When I looked around I saw a light that s when I started to head back towards the direction of the light. Coming closer I saw William on the boat and holding up what I know now was a telephone with a flashlight on it. This was when we try to make our way back to the boat. A little girl got in the boat before me because I saw William and another young lady trying to pull the little girl up. So, she got up before me. I was really tired so William had to jump in the water to get me because I was tired and I has been swallowing water so he came in to get me. By the time by the time
!
we try to make an attempt towards the boat the boat moved off again.
This was when William started to shout don t move, don t move . He was tired, I was tired and so another young lady on the boat stretched out her hand and that s how we managed our way back to the boat. After I got in the boat then the captain of the boat made his way to the boat and we pulled him in. so he was the last person to get into the boat. When he came in and the children started screaming again that s when we realized that the children dad was still in the water.

Rene Mendez:

Manuela, we know that this is an ongoing investigation now being launched by the relevant authorities. To your knowledge, were you guys given any life jacket like required upon entering the boat and to your knowledge, do you know if the boat had its lights on or was it off?

Manuela Ayuso:

Nobody on that boat was wearing a life vest that I could have see because I do remember turning around and looking at everyone in the boat because the dad upon coming into the boat he started to comfort his children, putting the towel around them and said now you are feeling cold. I remember looking back at that point and there was nobody wearing a life jacket. With regards to the light, I really didn t see any light on our boat. And after the incident it was pitch dark on the boat.

Rene Mendez:

What about the boat that hit the boat that you guys were traveling in? Did you see any boat coming? Did you hear any engine apart from the engine that was on your boat?

Manuela Ayuso:

I really didn t see it Rene. I was sitting on the first bench in the middle in between William and someone else. From where I was sitting I couldn t look over the bow of the boat and so I didn t see any boat. We had our heads down because it was drizzling and so to keep the rain out of our face we had buried our heads a little bit.

The other Love F-M employee who was on the boat was William Usher.

William Usher:

When we were in the boat it started to rain softly and I told Manuela to bend down her head and while the boat was moving I kept lifting up my head and bending down my head and for a moment I had my head down for a while. Something just told me I raise my head and look up and when I leaned towards the left for a little while that is when I said, A boat, a boat. At that time I did not hear an engine coming, everything I saw was a white vessel approaching us and that is when there was the impact and all those on the boat and upon hearing the impact that is when all the other crew members were thrown off the boat. At that Rene, I did not know that the captain of the boat was thrown off the boat and the boat went in a circle and then in a straight direction. The boat was going in circles and not realizing that the captain was not there and when I looked at the back of the boat I saw four kids and the captain was not there and then I noticed the boat going in circles and th
!
en I said, Wow! The kids were all screaming and then I said to myself that I have to take control of this boat and then I ran to the back of the boat and then straighten the boat s direction. I pulled the leaver and that is when the boat stopped. I realized that the people where still at the back and we needed to go back for them but then I don t know how to start a boat and that is when I asked and one of the kids and then he came forward and started the boat and headed back. At that point I started shouting, Manuela, Manuela. It was dark and still raining softly. So what I did was take out my phone and put the light on so that they will be able to see and come towards the boat. Upon getting closer I started hearing screams and so on and that is the time I heard Manuela saying, William, William come and help me, and at that point a kid was getting to the boat and I told her to hold on for a while for me to get the kid on the boat. I threw myself in the water a
!
nd swam towards Manuela and told her that she has to help me because I
cannot do this by myself and so we started moving towards the boat. As we neared the boat, it seems that the kid touched the lever and the boat started moving away from us and I screamed for him to stop the boat and I had to make an extra effort to move towards the boat. At that point I was feeling tired, exhausted. So told her to stretch her hand and make a big swim towards the boat and then she stretched her hand and I pulled and then we moved in. As far as I am aware, there were no life jackets in the boat nor were we given life jackets. We asked for a ride. Nobody on that boat had a life jacket and as far as I can remember there were no lights on the boats, no life on the boats. And the approaching boat did not have a light as well. That is all I can remember.

Manuela Ayuso and William Usher, who were on board the boat involved in a collision Saturday night. The body of the child was found around 4:40pm today the search continues for his father.