Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195353 - 05/07/06 02:29 PM NBA Finals - any fans?
Belikin Bill Offline
Bell - 1
Kobe - 0

Thats my highlight of the first round. Who's Kobe?

GO!!!! Spurs

#195354 - 05/07/06 02:34 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
LaurieMar Offline
I have been a huge life-long NBA fan - when living in Southern Cal, the Lakers were my team, but now in Northern Cal., I am a Kings fan. Both my teams are out. I think the Spurs will take the west. There have been some exciting games, for sure!

#195355 - 05/07/06 02:41 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
reaper Offline
The NBA has become unwatchable in recent years!

The NHL is where it's at!

Hockey...
Only ONE time out that can't be called during play.

No out of bounds.

No free shots for a little ticky-tack foul.

You have to play short handed sometimes.

The goalies have COOL masks.

You can understand the players during between period interviews.

Players loose teeth, get stiches and break bones...and STILL keep playing! (let's see a baseball player do THAT!)

OK, that being said I hope Mark Cuban wins a title soon! He cracks me up! cool

#195356 - 05/07/06 05:04 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
Dan Carey Offline
Go Suns

#195357 - 05/08/06 03:00 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
Belikin Bill Offline
Reaper - I agree regular season, well and some playoff game ( cavs vs pistons ).

I like the good old days of hockey!!!! No helmets or wussy goalie masks. My skates are old leather Daoust National 100. Made in 1969.
Lived in Montreal for 2 years in that time period and have played a lot of hockey. I quit about 10 years ago. The reason I liked it so well back then was that you got 3 fights before they booted you. laugh I would say go Avs but I think they are toast this year.

To bad about Cuban this year. It's one and done for him in the playoff series. GO Spurs!!!!

#195358 - 05/08/06 06:00 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
reaper Offline
I miss the days of Magic vs. Bird. The young guns in the NBA should send a portion of their checks to those two. Remember when NBA playoff games were shown after the 11 o'clock new on tape delay? Then in the 80's the Celtics and Lakers, and the Pistons bad boy teams, added some entertainment. Now it's just dribble, foul, cry, fight, whine, dunk, get an endorsment deal, choke a coach.....

AND...I really miss Guy Lafluer flying down the ice, hair flowing, ready to torch a goalie!

The Av's have fallen apart! I'm a KINGS fan...I can't stand the DUCKS! cool

#195359 - 05/08/06 06:25 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
travelqueen Offline
Definitely a basketball fan!!!

GO SPURS!!!

#195360 - 05/08/06 06:46 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
Belikin Bill Offline
Hey Reaper heres one for you when I was like 19 years old I was in Montreal having dinner with a family friend Lloyd "Bingo Ernst and his wife. He played minor league hockey "QHL" but was quite well known because he was so damn mean. These two guys came up with their wifes and I were introduced to them. Every one around us was making a big fuss. When they left I said, "hey whats the big deal about them". It was Dickie Moore and Jean Beliveau laugh Hell I met two of the legends of Hockey and didnt have a clue at the time. BTW Bingo taught me hockey, I know every dirty jab, hold, high stick, end butt, sneaky trick etc in the book.

I hate being for a "texas" team but Tim Duncan is a class guy and there seems to be a minimum of bitchin and moanin on the Spurs. Nash from the Suns is fun to watch also. I bet you could take him and Raja Bell switch the rest of the team with the Lakers leaving Kobe and smush there and the Suns would beat the Laker worse.

There are not near the number of players today that make those around them better. Bird and Magic were great. I was a huge John Stockton also.

#195361 - 05/08/06 09:39 PM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
reaper Offline
About 15 years ago I played a game on the same line as Gordie Howe. And then we went to lunch with a few other players. The rink was in Burbank,CA. Not a single person in the restaurant recognized him. He loved that! That was a great day in my life!

I think Jean Beliveau is the CLASSIEST athlete of ALL time! Not to mention the moves he invented with the puck...SMOOTH!

We need to meet for beer and talk hockey stories!

laugh laugh

#195362 - 05/09/06 12:23 AM Re: NBA Finals - any fans?
wonderwoman Offline
Love my Spurs!!!!!!!!!!! Got a bet with my new manager for a beliken, PRAYING I'LL WIN!!! laugh laugh :p To the Pistons!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,031 Topics
462,233 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.