Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#197291 06/24/06 10:06 AM
OP Offline
sad day for sanpedro town jade garden the famous chinese restaurant,shuts it doors ,on june 17 2006..it was the last day the best egg roll in the world was fried ,sad to report a great place has closed it's doors..the capt had some great meals in the place..So sad to see it go............

Living The Dream Every Day!
This sucks...
They did have the best egg rolls in town.

B
B
I never understood it. Maybe we came at odd times, but they had some of the best Chinese food I'd had, and yet every time we went, at most, there might be one other couple/group there eating. Often (for example, our last trip in April) we just had the place to ourselves.

I always told people that was one of my favorite restaurants on the island.

I agree, great food, for what it was....low occupancy was always my experience as well.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Is it possible that tourist wanted local food instead or something you can get on every other corner in the USA.

The Jade was the best on the island for many items...but I think Mama Sue quit cooking...so not so good anymore. I will miss them, since I've eaten there since it was there and use to be in the bottom of the old Barrier Reef Hotel, that use to be my hangout for food! Ciao, Jade Garden!

Can't find my plane...
amen to that. i will miss them greatly

One of my favorites also, we always ate there when we come down. I never could figure out the low crowds, I heard they did a better take out business though. Gona miss the best egg rolls I ever had.

They also had great lobster tails! Now I understand the closed sign we saw Thursday and Friday nights. Anyone know where Kevin went--he always did a great job.

Did they sell the property? Is there going to be another resturant there? No guessing. Everytime I tried to eat there they were closed, wrong day, wrong time, just my bad luck, I love a good egg roll.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.