Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199093 - 07/30/06 02:19 AM Big Band Musicians
deacon+ Offline
My Dad wants to put together a band 30, 40,50"s music. Jazz and Dixieland cool as well.

#199094 - 07/30/06 03:53 AM Re: Big Band Musicians
Bearfoot Gibby Offline
deacon+......10 years back there were several horn players in the Belize City limits. Most lived for the evening jazz at the Bellevue or in later years at the Biltmore. Caesar Sherrard of Caesar's Place , Blackrock Lodge and Orange gift shop, is an accomplished jazz percussionist with many ties to other like minded musicians in Belize. Good luck to your dad.

#199095 - 07/30/06 04:01 AM Re: Big Band Musicians
deacon+ Offline
Bearfoot, any still around? Dad is 85 .

#199096 - 07/30/06 02:22 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
DANZA Offline
Deacon What a cool thing to support. We used to attend a concert where a bunch of old-timers got together and played to raise money for a local volunteer fire dept. These were the same guys we went to for their heart attacks, falls, etc. When they had an instrument in their hands you would never know they were in their 80's. And us young guy's (at the time) learned a lot too.
Don't know you so didn't post but prayers went out for you and your dad. Glad everything is looking up.

#199097 - 07/30/06 05:59 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
Bearfoot Gibby Offline
Deacon+ I'm not sure of musician availability these days since I am just an occasional tourist since my 3+ years living in BZ in the early 90's.
Talk to Charlie at Estelle's or Caesar at Orange gift shop, they should know any players around those parts. Ebbe, up at Sundiver/ Mata Grande studio also knows a bunch of pickers. Once again, good luck to your dad and tell him to keep on jammin.

#199098 - 07/30/06 07:08 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
deacon+ Offline
Bearfoot,Thanks for the info. I will definately look into it.

#199099 - 08/03/06 05:32 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
spots101x Offline
Sounds like Dad is recovering nicely, deacon...hope to hear his band play someday!

#199100 - 08/03/06 10:40 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
deacon+ Offline
Does anyone have email addresses for Charlie at Estelle's or Caesar at Orange Gift Shoppe?

#199101 - 08/03/06 11:52 PM Re: Big Band Musicians
wonderwoman Offline
Will call them tomorrow, Deacon.

#199102 - 08/04/06 01:20 AM Re: Big Band Musicians
john allatt Offline
DEACON john here from canada charlie does not have an email but his son does and that is.
chazzwor@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.