Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#200076 - 08/24/06 05:42 PM Playa Blanca Island Villas
jem Offline
Has anyone heard of or stayed at Playa Blanca Island Villas?
Playa Blanca Island Villas
Only one choice allowed (8 total votes)
Do you recommend? - 6 (75%)
Any other recommendations for villas? - 2 (25%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

#200077 - 08/24/06 06:02 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
ida_y_vuelta Offline
i've never stayed at playa blanca island villas...
but coral bay villas is supposed to be really nice... south of town, nice walk into town!
banyan bay... it's more a hotel i guess but it's got full kitchen and what not... there's lot's to check out and research...

#200078 - 08/24/06 06:25 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Barbara K Offline
I haven't stayed there but I book clients into it and get rave reviews.

#200079 - 08/31/06 05:40 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Murphy Offline
I recently stayed at Playa Blanca Island Villa again for a second time and had a blast... If you want to fish..this is the place to stay. Both guides, Ivan and Tacio are the best. They are local island guides (in their 40's)and really know what fishing is all about. They show you a great time and you decide when you want to fish and how long you stay out there.
This year we were there during lobster season and learned to free dive..our first attempt. We had lobster grilled, lobster salad, lobster fritters, lobster alfredo..anyway you can think of preparing lobster, we had it. Tacio offered all kinds of ways to prepare it.

The villa is top notch. It's beautiful..you couldn't ask for better accommodations and the staff is fabulous. It's my wife's villa of choice.
My wife never had any kitchen clean up..the housekeeper took care of everything. This year we only brought a few shorts, shirts and bathing suits as we learned our lesson from overpacking last year...all of our laundry was washed and returned the same day, just like they said would be done.

Since we really like to fish and snorkel it was a huge savings for our family of 4. We went fishing every day, and snorkeled a few times a day...went to San Pedro at least once a day, went to Caye Caulker and fished the lagoon. The boat is included with the villa so you do what you want, when you want.

I would recommend Playa Blanca to anyone wanting to do more than just read a book.

Say hi to the boys for us..
Murphy

#200080 - 08/31/06 06:12 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Hon Offline
Murphy, I thought I remembered you from my research into Playa Blanca a few years back. A quick search found this post...quite similar to the one above. If you are an owner or have some financial interest in Playa Blanca, for honesties sake you really should disclose it, either in your profile or your posts.

Quote:

posted 01-17-2003 09:08 PM by Murphy Member # 4554

Playa Blanca Island Villa is fantastic. My family has been there twice in the past two years. The views are awesome. It is extemely private yet walking distance to some great restaurants like Mata Chica, Portofino, and the new one at Sundiver.

The best part about Playa Blanca is that it comes with kayaks and two boats for snorkeling and fishing...and they are just for your group to use. You don't have to wait for anyone else to show up.. You go fishing and snorkeling as often as you want and there is no extra charge. Alberto is the boat captain and he is like your personal butler...at your service! He's great! Last time we were there Alberto taught us to free dive for lobster...we never went hungry..we had lobster every night.

Marlena cleans the house and does your laundry every day..no need to pack a lot of clothes with her around. She also makes the best tasting tortillas! The kitchen is large and has everything you need....We never knew cooking could be so much fun when someone else is there to clean up the mess.

The villa is first class! It is absolutely beautiful with wonderful furnishings & atmosphere. The tropical shadehouse is a real added attraction we were amazed to see the growth of the plants in one years time. There are many relaxing areas surrounding the villa..hammock palapas, outside dining/BBQ area and a deck at the end of the dock was amazng for stargazing.

Life is good at the Playa Blanca Island Villa
we plan to return this summer ourselves.

#200081 - 08/31/06 06:25 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Ernie B Offline
GOTCHA ! laugh

#200082 - 08/31/06 06:40 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
DB Offline
uh, oh................ :rolleyes: eek

#200083 - 08/31/06 07:08 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Murphy Offline
Hon..
I have no financial interest in the Playa Blanca Island Villa. I do however own a resort destination company "Outdoor Destinations". I offer vacation advice and do bookings for those wanting to go on adventurous vacations. Are you suggesting I take Belize off my list? This villa offers one of the best vacation packages on the island ~ especially for those with families.
Not sure what your motives are but mine are only to offer sincere compliments to Playa Blanca, the villa staff members and their guides.

If my review sounds the same..well, that's because I had a great time...each time. No disappointments.

Murphy

#200084 - 08/31/06 08:46 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Hon Offline
Sorry, not buying your story...too inconsistant.

How many times have you stayed at Playa Blanca? In 2003, you said twice and in 2006 you said for the second time.

Did you learn to free dive for lobster in 2003 with Alberto or in 2006 with Ivan/Tacio?

Murphy, I am not saying that your reviews of Playa Blanca are wrong - it looks like an excellent accommodation. I just didn't (and still don't) think you are fully forthcoming in your reasons for posting.

...and I have no idea where 'Are you suggesting I take Belize off my list?' came from!

#200085 - 08/31/06 09:54 PM Re: Playa Blanca Island Villas
Ernie B Offline
If you have a resort destination company and do business with Playa Blanca, it seems to me you have a vested interest.JMHO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, JED), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.