Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone awake? Please help! If a dog is poisoned, do they have a reaction immediately or do they still live a few days and slowly weaken?

If a dog does not eat for three days what kind of illness do they have? I am going to the vet tomorrow, I thought the new food I bought had something wrong with it on Tuesday and that was why she was not eating (cause we swam a lot and she was hyper still.) Then Wed no eating still but she ate a little people food (white rice and a little treat) so I thought she was okay cause we ran ran ran and she was still hyper. Today, Thur, we went running so I thought she was fine but now she has not eaten a thing nor drank water so I am off to the vet 8am. She won't touch treats, she won't get excited by the things I say that make her tail wag, etc...she is sad and mopey.

If you're awake and know anything about this help. Thanks.

-sad mommy of her dog

S
S
Kra-Z-K ...you're here on the Caye correct? Biggest concern we have had here w/ out dogs is tick fever... totally insidious diesease... wide range of symtoms... including lethargy/loss of appetite... rather creeps up on you slowly... 3 of our 4 dogs were exposed to it last year... now we just have to keep a close watch on them as once they're exposed to it, it stays in their system. Bring your pooch to Heather... she's great...

Best of luck.

-J

S
S
I believe Saga has an emergency ph # for after hours as well...

Bad dog food can cause problems, but taking them off the food should reverse the problem.

Sounds like tick fever - which can be treated if you get them on antibiotics soon enough. It only takes one tick to make your dog sick, so be very regular with treatments for fleas and ticks. Top-spot keeps fleas away for 3 months, but is only effective against ticks for 1 month. Spend the money and the time to keep your dog safe buying this stuff.
Hopefully you are also treating your dog for heartworm. If not, start now. Monthly doses of Heartguard are essential.

JZB Offline
K, sounds like tick fever but I hope not. I lost a dog to tick fever last year despite using Frontline on a regular basis. As Diane said, it only takes one tick. Get her treated asap and she should be fine.
Let us know the diagnosis.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
I went, they are in surgury so I have to go back in 1 1/2 hours. I am really worried. She will hardly drink water either and this is day 4. I had nightmares last night. Karmin did bring a tick into the house last week, I am really worried. I do use frontline.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all your responces and help. Off to vet in an hour.

Good luck, I hope she is going to be OK. Dogs are about the best thing that ever happened to people.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, she's my baby, your post made me sad. She's our nina, friend and always makes us laugh. I am sure all will go fine.

K- How is she?

Take the road less traveled
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.