Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#202126 - 10/02/06 04:39 PM Curious
Nova Offline
I'm curious as to the different ways each of you "discovered" Belize (San Pedro) and decided to go and visit.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

#202127 - 10/02/06 04:51 PM Re: Curious
Kra-Z-K Offline
on accident, was looking into a trip to Mexico for the weekend and it was cheaper to fly to Belize from Vegas. My friends at work told me to go a week instead of a 3 day trip alone so I hit "click" on travelocity and I was off to Belize. Now look where I am! LOL!

#202128 - 10/02/06 05:04 PM Re: Curious
ida_y_vuelta Offline
my friends did all the research! i was busy with classes and just agreed on pretty much everything... but the girls e-mailed different ppl to find the best place for our next adventure... basically we just came across it and decided to take a chance!

So glad we did!!

#202129 - 10/02/06 05:05 PM Re: Curious
deacon+ Offline
I heard of Belize from a man who was planning on retiring there in a few years. Looked it up on the internet last October and have been planning on the move ever since. Going down this past June just confirmed my plans.

#202130 - 10/02/06 05:05 PM Re: Curious
ida_y_vuelta Offline
whats ur story nova??

#202131 - 10/02/06 05:07 PM Re: Curious
desertrat Offline
6 years ago a friend at work asked if I wanted to go to Belize. I said 'yes' and have going there ever since, 1 to 4 times each year. I took
family there on vacation over a year ago, and a member of my family moved there ! I once traveled the world each year - Europe, Hawaii, Aruba & all over the Caribbean & Virgin Islands. Been 'stuck' on Belize a while now.
when in doubt...do without

#202132 - 10/02/06 05:12 PM Re: Curious
Nova Offline
TV show "Tempation Island" (Only watched the 1st episode). Ambergris Caye was described as "uncomercialized, laid back, not overrun with tourists", etc. etc. We tucked it away until my husband spoke to one of his clients that had lived in Belize for 8 years and called it heaven. That settled it for us.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

#202133 - 10/02/06 05:56 PM Re: Curious
Axeman Offline
Was looknig for an unspoiled dive site..Found this forum, and many of you nice folks helped convince me it was the place to go. Rick and Cheri' Franz met me there and I've benn back a second time...
Trying to make it there in March..I've really missed the wonderful people...

Oh..and then I saw Temptation Island...that sealed the deal.
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#202134 - 10/02/06 06:00 PM Re: Curious
beachboy Offline
Was married to a Belizean who had lived in the UK for 25 years. She insisted we emmigrate. I stayed she went home. Most beautiful place on the planet!

#202135 - 10/02/06 06:28 PM Re: Curious
Sun&sand Offline
Stayed at Capt. Morgans on a "get-a-way" one year. Came back the next year on a medical mission...have been coming back several times a year since, for the past 5 years...now an owner, and looking forward to more time on AC. Amazing how things turn out.
Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,739 Topics
461,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.