Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#203918 - 10/25/06 06:55 AM passport question
crockhunter Offline
I remember a discussion a while back that Belize would not alow one to enter if their passport was within six months of expiration. Could someone please tell me if this is true?

#203919 - 10/25/06 07:42 AM Re: passport question
Diane Campbell Offline
Not sure what happens at the Belize immigration, but the US airlines tend to refuse to let you on a plane with a passport that is due to expire in 6 months.
Suggest that you just renew and avoid problems. If you have a passport that is any way damaged - water stains, rips etc - you may also be denied entrance to the plane. I watched a man who had made it through all the security gates, and who claimed to have traveled the month before with his passport be denied at the boarding gate because the document had water stains. He protested very nicely ---- but airline personnel refused to let him board. They took him aside and called in people in uniforms to "assist" him in finding the Immigration Office where he could apply for a new passport. This was Houston, Continental, bound for Belize. April 2006. The thing is that despite your question about "legal" stuff with immigration, the airlines can and will refuse service to passengers if they so choose. Play it safe.

#203920 - 10/25/06 07:58 AM Re: passport question
Denny Shane Offline
I have a passport with a few stamps from countries I visited but don't like anymore. Can I erase them from the passport? eek

#203921 - 10/25/06 08:23 AM Re: passport question
Now Danny Offline

#203922 - 10/25/06 08:44 AM Re: passport question
klcman Offline
But, you can continue to collect them and sell them on Ebay.

Seriously though, the 6-month guideline applies, as Diane indicated, pretty much everywhere in the world. I once made a trip with a passport due to expire in 7 months. By the time I would have returned, it would have been inside 6 months. While not denied boarding, nor experiencing Immigration denials, the Imm officials reviewed all my travel docs very closely and politely advised that I renew before attempting to return. Only took two 2 hours out of my vaca!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#203923 - 10/25/06 10:38 AM Re: passport question
Gela Offline
I watched a women on Delta be denied boarding in Atlanta bound for Panama because her passport was expiring in less than 6 months. The argument held up our line for some time.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#203924 - 10/25/06 12:09 PM Re: passport question
ida_y_vuelta Offline
i can see why she would've been upset... but at the same time they do have those "rules" set for a reason...

i guess it's just better to be safe than sorry!!!

#203925 - 10/25/06 01:56 PM Re: passport question
and what would that reason be? what's the point of an expiration date if it's arbitrary?

#203926 - 10/25/06 03:50 PM Re: passport question
Kra-Z-K Offline
yes, they do not allow if it expires within 6 months. The reason has something to do with the fact many of us stay here and renew the visa stamp each month so you must have 6 months or more before expiration. Funny thing.

#203927 - 10/25/06 05:01 PM Re: passport question
Nova Offline
Law - it's all about raking in more $$, as I see it. Not arbitrary as much as greedy!
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (JaHo, 3 invisible), 45 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,223 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.