Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#203953 10/25/06 03:12 PM
OP Offline
Hey KCJ and wife,

Did y'all get the suitcases out of the attic yet? It's getting closer every day!!

Tell your friend (the newbie) that you're not responsible for spells of temporary insanity in anticipation of your trip. Like the glazed over eyes as you daydream. He'll understand once he's been there : )

Thanks for asking !! The big duffel bag is out and awaiting its annual stuffing. Masks and snorkels are at the ready, the sunscreen and other emollients are being inventoried. Only 16 more sleeps . . .it's wearing on me.

As to Neighbor Dave, temporary insanity is a way of life so he's quite comfortable with the anticipation. But no matter how many pictures I e-mail to him, he still has no idea what awaits!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Hi Snorkelgirl - Have you started thinking of a return trip date yet?

KC - I'm jealous that you've found friends to go with. (Actually I'm even more jealous that you're going and we're not!) We've had a couple friends who've said both times we went that they wanted to go with, and then something came up each time. (I think they chickend out - WEIRD!) We're starting to talk a 2007 trip now... it'll give me time work on my Dallas friend.

My reality check bounced.
OP Offline
Hey SeaDreams!
It's been too long already, eh? 6 months aaarrrggghhhhhh

I'm hoping for Feb (maybe 12 thru 20) but have to save up. Buying a house and updating it really knocked the wind out of my savings. I should be purchasing gutters next, however the amount I have towards it so far would cover airfare to BZE....sigh*****

Hee, hee!! Isn't it amazing how goofed our priorities become whenever BZE is involved? And yes... 6 months has become too long!

My reality check bounced.
We asked Dave (the most recent graduate of our "AdoptAdult" program)to accompany us last spring when we started planning our return trip. Since then he has met, courted and moved in with a new girlfriend. She, however, is not coming . . .talk about testing a new relationship. Dave is basically taking the position that this trip is "grandfathered" in--tough sell.

Hey, Snorkelgirl, I'd sell my gutters if it would get me back to AC.

Hey, KC, I can understand where Dave is coming from (about the trip "grandfathered" in) My boyfriend (of 2 years) is supposed to go to Australia next year either in June or December.
Without me of course....but that's o.k. I told him. I'm going to San Pedro when he's gone to Australia! One MUST have their priorities!

Take the road less traveled
Yeah, it's always good to have a fall-back position, especially if it means you have to fall back onto a stool at BC's! laugh

That's my story and I'm stickn' to it! laugh

Take the road less traveled
OP Offline
Hmmmm, KCJ,

maybe we can work a deal here....

you sell me your gutters at at real good rate (installed of course) then we'll both have enough for a trip cool

SeaDreams, have you chosen your dates yet? Are you looking at Ruby's again? I didn't make CC last year, so if I get to come in Feb I'd surely want at least a day trip over there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.