Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#206623 - 11/15/06 09:47 AM Habaneros, anyone?
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#206624 - 11/15/06 10:04 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
cute story, klc. Was introduced this past summer to a truly evil little pepper called a Scotch Bonnet by a local NJ farmer. almost similar happenstance. YOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE were those babies HOT! eek

#206625 - 11/15/06 10:32 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
JZB Offline
I believe Scotch bonnetts and Habaneros are one in the same, just depends on where they come from. At least the scotch bonnets in Jamaica look and taste exactly the same as the habaneros here.

#206626 - 11/15/06 10:45 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
Scuba-John Offline

it allabout the scovilles baby.

I myself enjoy all the peppers.
For Immissing. In San Marcos the cafe next to the Green Parrot makes a fantastic southwestern omlett. Chilies and all it the perfect sunday morning feast!
I read it on the internet so it must be true.

#206627 - 11/15/06 11:26 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
Nope, scotch bonnetts and habaneros are not the same thing.

#206628 - 11/15/06 11:45 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
PalapaBob Offline
Nothing did any good. At 9 p.m. I ran into San Pedro Town, desperate for help. I found an open pharmacy and told the clerk, in my limited Spanish, about the dinner disaster and the mean, mean peppers. The pharmacist identified them. "Si, habaneros."

Anybody else see something odd in this paragraph from the story?
I've already told you more than I know.

#206629 - 11/15/06 11:58 AM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
sweetjane Offline
the pharmacy was actually open at 9pm? the guy didn't just speak english??? there is no ~ on your keyboard? no body "runs" in Sp?

i give up?

#206630 - 11/15/06 12:03 PM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
iluvbelize Offline
Scotch bonnets and habaneros really are the same species of chile. They are shaped and colored differently depending on where they have been grown, which genetically determines their shape/color outcome.

#206631 - 11/15/06 12:56 PM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
JZB Offline
"The Scotch bonnet is often compared to the habanero since they are two varieties of the same species but have different pod types. Both the Scotch bonnet and the habanero have the characteristic thin, waxy flesh. They have a similar heat level and flavor. Although both varieties average around the same level of heat, the actual degree of "heat" varies greatly with genetics, growing methods, climate, and plant stress." from Wikipedia.

So now I know they are different, but still don't know what the difference is. (they look the same on wikipedia) I'll stick to jalepenos anyway.

#206632 - 11/15/06 01:06 PM Re: Habaneros, anyone?
at least jalepenos are edible, those other dam* things should be used at Git Mo! One rectal dose of that oughta do it! (Uh oh...can o' worms?) wink laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (SFJeff, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,233 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.