San Pedro Police Officers and Belize Defense Force Officers will be stationed on the north side of the San Pedro River by 5 p.m. Saturday, 16 July.
They will be at Ed and Krystyna Walter's home in the Buena Vista area, between White Sands and El Pescador. Formerly Col. and Amanda Martin's home.
Officers Dwayne McCullough and Gerald Sutherland (600-1621) of the North Shore Patrol are expected to be among those stationed on this side.
The Hurricane Supply Boxes were hurriedly made ready for them this morning.
To increase their effectiveness they need:
- use of a gas golf cart(s) for patrol, pls call Officer Sutherland 600-1621 if available
- use of a SMART phone (better reception on the north side) pls call 600-1621
- use of large working flashlights
- if you have VHF or marine radio capability, pls Reply with your name and location so that the officers may check in with you for news if the electrical power supply is interrupted
- your cooperation and support throughout, with maybe an energy bar or so too
NEMO Headquarters is San Pedro Town Hall. 226-2198. Medical assistance will be available there during the storm. Before and after the storm please go to your normal clinic. It is likely that you will have to provide your own transport. The ferry will not be operating during the storm.
Jeff and Francis at Casa Azul, 226-4012, took Dr. Keith's First Responder Course last Sept.
If you have VHF, marine, ham, or other radio capability, please let me know so that I can notify other people in your designated area. Otherwise you might make reports to the Area Leaders for your area so that they can answer other's questions.
NEMO urges everyone to take Emily very seriously. They are requesting that those who can go to a more secure area somewhere on the mainland.