Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Thought this excellent post should be included here...**Jim

Dallas Dave
. posted 05-22-2001 11:50 PM
------------------------------------------
Boy you guys look to be jonesing pretty bad! Can't blame you. I saw the posting about input from locals living here. I can tell everyone that it is a loony bin! It's a very small town of very diverse people. Add cool tourists for the most part, shake with rum, and hang on. I love it here but realize it's not for everyone. I'd advise learning Spanish and Creole. It makes some situations easier. Bring your wits. Your going to need them. We have all kinds here so watch your back. Friendships come easily here and tend to last . Hell we see each other every day. Not like a big metropolitan area in the US. Gossip is rampant, and usualy true. You can't do anything without the whole Island knowing about it. We call it the coconut telegraph. Faster than satellite. The water is fantastic for those that enjoy water sports as I do. Time is slow but we manage to stay very busy some how. We just move slower doing it. A US city dweller does more by noon than I do in a week. Yet I seem to be flying. It takes me three days to catch up when I travel Stateside. About an hour to slow back down when I get home. The food is good and not too expensive though I do miss Jack In The Box tacos. It can be inconvienent at times but you get used to it and take the early closeings, unending holidays, and interrupted utilities in stride after a while. The people make this place. Anyone who has been here will tell you that. I'd kill for a cold US Budweiser though. Anyone coming down that wants to bring me a six pack will be my friend for life!

**Jim
So does this mean when I finally meet you, you might could be a friend?
Moving soon....G

Grace DeVita
D
D
Sure, as I said friendships come easily here. All you need to do is not be a bull S...artist. Cool people meet cool people.

C
C
Well said, Dave! How's thangs? Miss you, Lacey and the rest of the loonies terribly.... Enjoyed your observations on life in SP. The island is kind of like a fungus, kind of grows on you and never goes away.... Take it easy, dear friend. Keep in touch. Give Mom a hug for me, will ya?

D
D
Celeste...Where the hell have you been? The Island ain't the same without you. E-Mail me direct at [email protected]. Things are really different after the hurricane. The loony bin is even more intense. Your mom has your computer. I think she is sending it this week. I miss you gal. Gwan wit dat mudder rass. Water come up here, go true? Dusty wit mi esposa. US an option para mi. You coming down any time soon? Holler when you can.

Dave...you summed it up in a nutshell!
Ain't it great? [Linked Image]

Only thing I would add is don't buck the system....just go with the flow and you see how quickly all those little things that irritate you just seem to disappear and become unimportant.

Life is too short.....no sense in worrying about stuff you can't change.

The Serenity Prayer was written for San Pedro....LOL [Linked Image]

N
N
Dallas Dave!
I would like nothing better than to bring you that 6 pack! My husband, son and I were on Ambergris Caye a couple weeks ago and are planning a return visit next February - wish it could be sooner but funds don't allow. I have to admit we were caught a bit off guard when we first arrived, it wasn't quite what we expected. By the end of the second day, the realitiy of the increadible people, the scenery, the food, the WATER, the sounds, had kicked in and we were ready to become expatriates of the US and move to Belize!! What caught us the most was the people. Gracious, family oriented, kind, hard working and sooo easy going. Quite a nice diversion from the rather "intense" people at home. We actually got a hug from an employee (Francis) from Ramon's Village, where we stayed, when he took us to the airport for our dreaded trip home. My four year old still talks about him almost daily and wonders when he's going to come over and play.

I'm counting the days until we get to return to La Isla Bonita - trust we'll have that 6 pack in hand....

D
D
Glad you enjoyed your stay here. We like to hear that. Of course the people are cool. That's what makes this place! Come on back and bring that six pack!

I'll take a six pack of Budweiser too please.....LOL [Linked Image]

ICE COLD.....AHHHHHHHH!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.