Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#208351 01/11/02 10:39 AM
KC Offline
haha. My daughter met a guy when we were down there last July. They hung out together some, and she was so impressed that he didn't drink. Then one night he drank, and she knew why he hadn't.

End of story.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#208352 01/12/02 10:26 AM
I know a number of Belizean men who are very hard working, intellegent and responsible people. It is very unfair for some of you to categorize them as not. There are also a number of them that are married to non-Belizeans that are happilly married and raising families. If I were looking for a wife, I would not be searching in places where I had to buy her a drink to talk to her. Now if we want to start a topic about the qualities of the American women who come to Belize and hang out in the bars waiting for someone to buy them a drink, I think we will probably find that they do not all fit into one category. Just a man's perspective who has "been there and done that". LOL

#208353 01/12/02 12:57 PM
KC Offline
LOL! Touche!

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#208354 01/12/02 03:18 PM
Bywarren....
You're right...a bar is not the best place to find a life-long mate.

And as far as ALL Belizean men as whole being bad....I'm sure that is not true...just as it wouldn't be true of men as a whole from any country. There are always good and bad everywhere you go.

I just think it's prudent to check out any potential match and not get caught up in the surroundings or that smooth caribbean accent they like to lavish on you....LOL

It's a good idea to enter into a long courtship...sort of a trial and error period....whether you are talking about Belize men or any other kind of man.

I lost my head once and acted very stupid. Learned a valuable and expensive lesson.
That is my only reason for replying to this particular post.
Hind sight is 20/20...LOL...always! [Linked Image]

I hope you weren't offended too much...it wasn't intended. [Linked Image]

P.S. Bad women are just as prevalent as bad men....I'll concede to that...LOL

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 01-12-2002).]

#208355 01/12/02 04:06 PM
O
O
I could not have said it better. I was speaking of my own experience,also. There is good and bad in everyone like sandshaker said. What happened to me was my own fault. I have been to 12 different carribean islands. I have seen both sides. The girls at work at the bar or on the beach and the guys at work in the clubs. For all those years of traveling I never had the label "one of those tourist girls". But I labeled myself for life after this one. My lesson was very valuable to me in both aspects of the word money and values. So you live and learn and honestly I really wish it would have worked out for me and I would have been one of those American girls married to a good, hardworking and honest Belizean because they are all in all good people. What was done to me could have been very well done by an American right in my own backyard.

#208356 01/13/02 11:39 AM
Rick and I met in a bar some 9 years ago......still much in love and best friends!!! Goes without saying "you just never know"!!!!! C

#208357 01/13/02 03:01 PM
S
S
Hey, I picked my husband up on the beach in Southern California. That was 23 years ago and we're still married.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#208358 01/13/02 07:15 PM
bywarren, I buy my own drinks. On occasion I'll let a guy buy me some drinks if he'd like to do so. No reason not to be gracious from time to time. What I was talking about was a way of getting rid of the moocher guys. Sometimes I even buy the local guys a drink but not because they asked, but because I feel like it. If they ask, they generally don't get.

Like you Sandshaker, I've also had to give the evil look. It works pretty well too. But I prefer to figure out how to handle things with humor.

I even enjoy some of these guys. They might be what they are but some of them are entertaining.

I also really like to dance, so if they ask me to dance, I'm generally going to say yes. That doesn't mean anything else is going to happen.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 01-13-2002).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#208359 01/15/02 02:12 AM
Marry a Belizean? lol...I read all the posts and was just enjoying all the input. Having been raised there, I will do my little input. Depends on what you want or expect out of the marriage. Belize guys are absolutely adorable..LOL. Smooth talkers, funny, great dancers, party animals. They like to be waited on hand and foot lol. Now living on an island does make you lazy....and hey, if you got some money and don't have to worry about anything...well, a Belize guy would be only too happy to join you. Now there is also the hard working man, who is quite different. Like I said, depends on what you want. Also remember...work is not readily available to everyone...so sometimes even if you want to work...you can't. So a certain lifestyle has developed in Belize over the years. I think it's the typical Island way though, I believe it's like this in all the Carribean. All in all I don't think Belize guys are that different really. I never married one lol.

MosquitoR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 01-15-2002).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#208360 01/15/02 08:50 AM
OK, ladies. I can see by some of your comments that there is a need for me to break the unspoken othe of my male brethren and inform you that many times when we offer to buy you a drink in the bar, it is not because we have a proposal of marriage on our mind. Let me see if I can use the analogy of snorkling in a way to make my point. When you put on your bikinis and go to Shark Ray Alley, you might see some angel fish. But more realistically, you are going to see sharks. The reason being, that some of you that have come before have not had ,shall we say, the highest of morels. Some have not only taken pictures of the sharks, but have actually gone so far as to feed them. And being creatures of habit, at least the males have learned that Shark Ray Alley is a place where they have a good chance of being fed. And even if they don't get fed, at least they get to see girls swimming in bikinis. Now, it has yet to be scientifically proven, but it is believed that once in a while, some of these sharks actually turn into angle fish. This hold true for sharks in all waters, not just Belize sharks. So ladies, go for a swim. But if you look like you have food in your hand and you get bit, just remember that shark behavior has developed over thousands of years.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.