Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20829 04/05/06 04:33 AM
MARG Offline OP
OP Offline
Can't believe it, but we'll be in Belize this Saturday -- Yeah! Caves Branch then Corona del Mar. This board has been so helpful in portraying the flavor of the people and the country, and things to do/see. THANKS. laugh

Nephew and I plan on ziplining over the jungle canopy, and I understand that there are several guides involved (like at each platform along the route).

Any suggestions on how to tip them? or just guide who takes us to the beginning? or ask him to distribute? Hmmmmmm? confused

Gracias,
~Margaret~

MARG
Not sure how it's done there, but any zip I've been on, we had at least 2 staffers (guides) with us the entire time. One took the lead and helped people at the next station, the other followed at the end of the group, after helping everyone zip onto the next platform.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
K
KB Offline
K
I did the ZIp trip with my family at Christmas and there is little time at each platform to reach into your pocket for a tip. The guys are also quite busy getting you off your current line and onto the next one. If you want to show your appreciation perhaps a tip could be left with a supervisor for the group to share. The Zip line was a total blast!!! Enjoy.

S
S
I've been on the zipline twice and from my experience there were two guides with you the entire time. One to receive you and one to send you. Total blast!

The zipline we did (just outside Tikal) also had just two guides. One to send and one to receive. We tipped them both once we got back on the ground.

And yes - total blast! I froze on the first platform and thought I was going to climb (or crawl!) back down. However my husband and another guest we'd met at Crystal Paradise had both already gone - and I decided I wasn't going to be left behind!

My reality check bounced.
K
KB Offline
K
We did the Zip trip at Jaguar Paw. There are several platforms - maybe 6 altogether and there is a guy at each platform but you are on your own going through. Then you repel on the rope about 50 ft to the ground. Again it was a blast.

JZB Offline
I also did the zip line at Jaguar Paw a couple weeks ago. There were two guides that were with our group. One zips ahead to the next platform to 'catch you' while the other stays behind to hook you up and see you off. When I was there they had a box for tips where you gear up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.