Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#208472 - 06/22/02 10:52 AM Animals
CptRon Offline
Just curious what you need to do to bring An amimal to belize. My puppy. anybody?

#208473 - 06/22/02 12:29 PM Re: Animals
rickcheri Offline
Hey CaptRon-
Check out past post of ours in General Chat, or in Ambergris Caye. There's alot of in.
Its under traveling with dogs thru Mexico.. Rick

#208474 - 06/22/02 01:02 PM Re: Animals
Chloe Offline
I am a dog lover, and have lived with several big to huge dogs.
Traveling thru Mexico into Belize, I would invest in and install in my van, station wagon, or SUV, the metal fence like dividers front and back, for their safety and protection.
Separating the dogs from the front seat and from your luggage compartment.
With is system, anyone can inspect your luggage, and you can leave the vehicle on request, without risk of the dogs getting out, or creating fear for the persons inspecting you and your vehicle.
Pet stores and catalogs have these for sale to fit most vehicles.
Also I have found my dogs get overly protective of me when someone touches my vehicle, where they would not be otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 06-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 06-22-2002).]
Dare To Deviate

#208475 - 06/22/02 01:06 PM Re: Animals
Chloe Offline
Also remember most dogs react to uniformed people, with a guarded attitude.
My theory on uniforms, is because if a uniformed person comes to your house or vehicle you never invite them in, which sends a message to your animal, you do not want to be friendly, therefore they are not friendly either.
Dare To Deviate

#208476 - 06/22/02 01:16 PM Re: Animals
ckocian Offline
I think the OP is going by sailboat to Bze. I would think the same rules apply to that method of travel for importing any of the permitted animals as entry by road or by air, i.e. a permit from BAHA to come into Belize, an international certificate of health and a current vac cert from the US vet for ports of call throughout the route. The govt vet in BC is deshield@btl.net for further info.

#208477 - 06/22/02 07:31 PM Re: Animals
CptRon Offline
ARRRGHHHH i'm coming by boat. And unfortunately my dog doesn't like the sailing either. So thats life. The info seems like it will be a good start. Anyone you know that i might talk to whom knows the belizian waters better than this captain... thanks hope see ya ll soon.

#208478 - 06/22/02 11:09 PM Re: Animals
Chloe Offline
So shoot me, I thought you posted in another topic you were not going to sail this trip.......I am confused, but you know your plans.....better than me......ha ha ha
Dare To Deviate

#208479 - 06/22/02 11:34 PM Re: Animals
Woz Offline
Just went through gathering all this info. I'll save you some time. You need a certificate of health from your vet. Rabies shots given at least a month befor you bring her in and no later than 6 months . Your vet can Fax the certificate to the Belize vet clinic, it's cheaper. Look on the HELP site listed above the message board. There is a section on bringing animals into the country there. It will give you the numbers you need. I agree that the Traveling thru Mexico with dogs discussion mentioned above has a lot of information.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.