Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#208526 - 02/28/02 07:31 PM shipping info needed
Anonymous
Hi all,
Question for anyone who has info. Butch has just gotten his residency. We were told that we have a 1-time exemption to bring in household items. I am trying to arrange shipping of a container, but can't get any info.... has anyone done this recently? Who did you use? What are the procedures?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks!

#208527 - 02/28/02 08:42 PM Re: shipping info needed
M-A Gaffney Offline
www.hydeshipping.com
My Belizean friends here in FL use them to ship stuff home all the time.

#208528 - 03/01/02 05:01 AM Re: shipping info needed
Rocio Offline
"www.mayaline.com" new service from Tampa and/or Miami to Mexico, it's coming soon and may help.

Rocio

#208529 - 03/04/02 08:59 PM Re: shipping info needed
silkpainter Offline
Before you read the rest of this message, I have to preface it with this. You rarely see me slamming businesses or people on this web board, but in this case I make an exception. Whatever you do, do NOT use Xpresslane. What a ripoff she was. Terribly expensive and rotten service, with lots of hidden charges. Her customs brokerage service was a joke. She claims that she "negotiates" your import duty, but she doesnt negotiate anything for you, you get no breaks from using her services. I ended up paying 28% duty on the overassesed value of a used computer, even though it was shipped with original receipts. The bill will always be 2x what she quoted you. If you don't agree to pay, she holds your goods hostage.
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

#208530 - 03/04/02 11:05 PM Re: shipping info needed
Anonymous
Thanks for all the info. I am going to use Hyde shipping out of Miami, but still need a broker in BC.
I must say that I agree about Expresslane... used it to ship a few household goods down last year, and it was just awful. Very overpriced, no negotiations on duty, and not anywhere close to the agreed time for delivery. Then during delivery, her staff stole my husbands lighter from our patio.
I don't normally knock other businesses either, but this one was/is deplorable.

#208531 - 03/05/02 12:27 AM Re: shipping info needed
SEAWINGS Offline
You will need a local custom's broker also to clear your container.That would be my first step.They can tell you which container lines go to Belize.The local broker will be connected with a broker at your port of discharge.The local Belize broker is the one that can save you all the grief.

#208532 - 03/05/02 09:26 PM Re: shipping info needed
Rod Allen Offline
Check with a recommended Belize Broker before you ship anything. Ask plenty of questions. I have used Hyde shipping for 20 years and have had no problems. I suggest you talk to the brokers we use, Calbert Reynolds or Billy Valdez.
Both are very experienced and I have used them every week for the last 20 years. Billy tends to be quite busy and hard to get in touch with. Calbert is always in his office and ready to help...Calbert is also right outside the Port entrance.

Billy Valdes 501-02-77436
Calbert Reynolds 501-02-70381

Rod Allen

[This message has been edited by Rod Allen (edited 03-05-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Rod Allen (edited 03-05-2002).]

#208533 - 03/07/02 08:45 PM Re: shipping info needed
ChilledOut Offline
We ship stuff via Hyde regularly for our business and use George Bradley as the customs broker in Belize. His number is +501 27 0702, or mobile 501 18 3580.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (VoVoVo), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,040 Topics
462,248 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.