Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#208898 - 02/12/03 09:57 PM Return Airline tickets??
BelizeWater Offline
We are flying into Belize with the intentions of staying for 6-12 months. My question is do we need to have a return plane ticket for immigration purposes?

We are considering chartering a plane to fly in to Belize,(we live in Cayman)its easier and quicker than flying into the US first. Anyways, obviously they don't issue return tickets and we don't know at this point when we will be leaving so I'm wondering if this will be an issue.

Here in Cayman they will not let you land here without a return ticket unless you are a Caymanian, resident or workpermit holder.

#208899 - 02/13/03 02:10 AM Re: Return Airline tickets??
klcman Offline
My understanding is that you must have a roundtrip ticket or get sent home. That said, however, the idea of chartering a plane & flying in shedsd a whole diffgerent light on the matter( perhaps). Interesting idea.

#208900 - 02/13/03 05:01 AM Re: Return Airline tickets??
denverdan Offline
We just met a dude that does the charter thing often to Belize. If ya like I can e him and see if he would be interested and/or available.
Write me at denvereyeguy@hotmail.com if this may fit your needs and I'll pass it along to him.
Sincerely,
Hope

#208901 - 02/13/03 05:41 AM Re: Return Airline tickets??
BelizeWater Offline
Is there an email address to immigration where I could write and ask? I wonder if I just had a letter from the charter company saying that we have tenatively booked a return flight in 6 months.

I don't want to buy tickets that wouldn't be used, or that we would have to pay extra for to change the dates later. Could we just buy bus tickets to Mexico, Guatamala or Honduras? laugh

#208902 - 02/13/03 09:04 AM Re: Return Airline tickets??
seashell Offline
BelizeWater, are you originally from Canada?

#208903 - 02/17/03 06:17 PM Re: Return Airline tickets??
BelizeWater Offline
yes, could you tell by my accent? laugh

#208904 - 02/17/03 07:29 PM Re: Return Airline tickets??
Marty Online   happy
yes.

:>

actually we chatted a lot after keith, right?

#208905 - 02/17/03 09:43 PM Re: Return Airline tickets??
BelizeWater Offline
Yes thats right! I made the mini videos of AC three days after the storm when I flew in supplies for the water plant. I haven't been back since, can't wait to see the island again smile

#208906 - 02/17/03 10:14 PM Re: Return Airline tickets??
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
You are supposed to have onward transportation from Belize (doesn't have to be air), and you're also supposed to have US$50 a day, but in many, many trips I've never been asked to show proof of either, nor have I ever seen anyone else asked, nor have I even heard from anyone who was asked.

That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but if you look like a regular tourist it's unlikely immigration would pursue the issue.

However, coming in by air charter might be a different situation.

Surprised to hear, by the way, that charter is an affordable option. I always figured it would cost an arm and a leg.

--Lan Sluder

#208907 - 02/17/03 10:52 PM Re: Return Airline tickets??
seashell Offline
LOL, yes, your accent sounded just like mine. smile

Actually, I had thought that you might be a friend of mine. She and her husband have been living in Cayman. Based on your later post back to Marty though, I no longer think that you might be Susan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, Ricklap, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.