Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209176 04/06/03 03:57 PM
indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Will be spending 2 months next winter in AC and wish to spend part of each day on my glass blowing. I only use a small torch and will do it on the porch. Am I going to need a work permit? What do I get into if I sell a few pieces? Thanks for your help

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
This is no problem-do not worry you can sell a couple of pieces on the beach etc.

M
M
Help everyone! There is the prettiest yellow house where the business is, on the South side of AC, that, I think does glass work. Anyone got the name? That may be a resource for you.

indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks-glad to hear it's no problem. The little yellow house-I have been to, the Artist does some very cool stain glass. Will be to AC in May, will just stop in.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
M
M
No, Indygal, it really may be a problem. If you are coming just for a visit, you go girl, If you are moving, do some good research. Be serious to see if this will work for you.

And when, if, when you get there, can I please come to move in your back room! I've seriously had enough of this crappy Ohio winter this year!!!!!!!!!! Yipes!!!!!!

indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Marie, We had the same lousy weather right after you did. Came back from AC in Jan. and said I am done talking about it-I am out of here next winter. It takes some doing of course, but deciding is half the battle. The people I love are mostly here in Indy so only going to AC for a 2 month visit. Who knows after that. ?? Indygal

M
M
Hi Indygal! I so understand. I'm trying to figure out how to do it myself. But, I'm a counselor, so you can't dump your clients for two months a year...so stuck for now. It's my fantasy. Do check it out, as much as I love my dear Belize, I have heard that lots of us expats have not found it easy! Let me know how it goes, so I can see if I can get my courage up!!!!!

M
M
Hi Indygal! Before I sound like too much of a wimp....I do want to speak to you of my Aunt and Uncle who, literally, sold everything when he was 55 and she was 45. Bought a Harley and rode it to Azizona. They are 84 and 94 now. Still ride the Harley. Sometimes, being frisky is good. But, do check it out. It's a bit harder in Belize than in America. But, if ya gotta go........GO!

that same 84 year old aunt from another post? and a harley rider to boot?

M
M
Yes, Dobbie, I'm sort of proud to relate that I come from an interesting Irish family. By the way, the "mouthful" issue was from another Aunt. It was an interesting childhood!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.