Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#210251 - 01/05/04 02:26 PM Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
DougBelize Offline

If you are considering buying real estate, moving to, or investing in Ambergris Caye, Belize, I want to let anyone and everyone know about the highest quality construction project I've seen in the hot spots of the Carribean, etc. in several years.

I know a little bit about real estate and construction in these kinds of places. I owned, and recently sold, a yacht/sportfishing charter business out of Boca Raton, Florida. Over the past 5 years, and before that, I have been fortunate enough to visit most of the vacation/resort hot spots in the Bahamas, Mexico, the U.S. & British B.V.I.'s, Costa Rica, etc., and have been looking for a place to buy to escape to, recover, and, perhaps, one day live permanently. I found that place on Ambergris Caye.

The Villas at Del Rio are located just North of San Pedro and across the "Pull Ferry" where "Bob's Flats" meets the beautiful beach. All of the units are 2 bedrooms/2 baths and they are being built to bulletproof U.S. standards wherever possible.

Louis Capello and his business parnter, Chris, definitely have it together when it comes to selling and constructing a quality product!

Chris is an Architect by trade from the U.S. who has designed and overseen several major construction projects in San Pedro over the past several years. Recently, he and Louis, the sales and marketing arm of the operation (what a great personality!), became partners and decided to buy a choice piece of property and to design and build a project that met their high standards of quality construction and beauty. Believe me, they are achieving their goal!!

I visited the Del Rio site... and was so impressed by them and the ongoing construction, that I immediately put down a deposit on a second floor unit in the second building of the 2 to be constructed.

All I can say is..... What a location! What a view! and What a great price for the quality finished product I will soon be the proud owner of! There are very few of the 10 total units left.

If you need information about the project, call Louis at 011-501-603-6686. You can also reach me for a reference at fladbw@aol.com.

Finally, I'd like to say "HELLO" to my upcoming new neighbors and .... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

#210252 - 01/05/04 02:38 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
Chloe Offline
Doug, nice report and info. Is there a website we can visit, to see more? Thanks
Dare To Deviate

#210253 - 01/05/04 03:05 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
seashell Offline
Douglas says "What a location! What a view! and What a great price for the quality finished product I will soon be the proud owner of!"

seashell replies: "What marketing!"
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#210254 - 01/05/04 03:54 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
ScubaLdy Offline
Hi Doug:

As Cloe Said "What marketing?" Yes, the place almost sells itself. Therefore we work Louis's ass off in other ways.

Hi Gang: I'm seldom on the board now that I live here. YES, live here permanate full time. And I was the first buyer in this beautiful project. I must say everyone who has bought in is very nice. I look forward to living in a beautiful place with a bunch of good people.

Louis says bullet proof is an understatement. I say, since I'm from California, this would stand up to any earthquake. I also know it is as hurricane proof as one can get here.

Harriette wink
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#210255 - 01/05/04 04:00 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
ScubaLdy Offline

I misquoted -- it was SeaShell not Cloe.

Cloe - the web site it http://www.ambergriscaye.com/villasdelrio/

Take a look

#210256 - 01/06/04 12:50 AM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
Barbara K Offline
ScubaLdy, don't you own at Long Caye too? How is that project coming? Have you been out there lately?

#210257 - 01/06/04 01:25 AM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
dbdoberman Offline
Looks good, and still some affordable units left, interesting floor plans. Another place to add to my growing list of places to check out. Thanks.

#210258 - 01/06/04 07:35 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
ScubaLdy Offline
Hi Barbara
Yes, I have two lots out at Long Caye. I waws out there in June and things are coming along, albiet slowly. Hope to get back out soon.

Harriette cool

#210259 - 01/08/04 02:26 PM Re: Villas at Del Rio Project - Ambergris (North Island)
skullyboy Offline
Congradulations Harriette, What a thrill to finally reach a goal like that. Would you e-mail ne or let me e-mail you? I have questions if you don't mind. I think I'll head to Moab.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.