Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#210282 01/18/04 10:41 AM
Pilgrim Offline OP
OP Offline
Considering locating in one of the coastal/island areas of Belize to establish an offshore business conducted via the internet.
How is DSL service and where is it available? Where is the largest India population located?
Will ya'l share the good, the bad and the ugly elements of such a venture in this area? Bring it on.
I have be a stranger for "5 minutes and a newcomer most of my life" having lived all over. I don't depend on anyone to make me happy and I don't allow anyone to make me sad. Guess that's my personal beliefs in a nut shell.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Heck I might as well just finance you set everything up and then send you all the money-on the other hand it is probably better if you come down here and do your own investigations.

Hmmmmm "touch and go".....

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
S
S
Of course it depends on if you need a trickle or a flood. Don't even think about T1 or greater speeds. The San Pedro D4 channel banks are not 99.9999:) But email, browsing, and the like is do-able.

Regarding the internet access specifically. The BTL DSL is new in town and there is not the user base to give a good opinion.

Then there is Starband which is used by several AC internet coffee houses. It's OK but the startup/install cost is about 2k US. Most of the cost is replacing the small dish used in the states for a 8ft dish to collect the weaker signal down in Belize. But it works great until it's stormy.

Maybe you could be the first on the new fiber brought down to Belize City from points north. Buy a used CISCO 7500, we'll microwave to AC...

Jeff
Is that a cold shoulder Peter?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.