Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I'm in the middle of updating and revising one of my books on Belize -- Adapter Kit: Belize. The new edition, out later this year from Avalon, will be retitled Living Abroad in Belize (part of a series of Living Abroad titles).

Anyone here have any recent experiences, good or bad, about moving or planning a move to Belize that they are willing to share? Also interested in hearing from people who have visited Belize to buy real estate or to go to college or med school.

How did you decide on Belize? Was the reality up to your expectations? What did you like or not like about Belize? Any surprises? What have you learned from your time in Belize?

If you have any comments or will agree to an interview, you can reach me by e-mail at [email protected].

Thanks!

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
hi lan...would love to help you with your new book...your books have helped me in the past....will email u and hope we can chat....take care....kerry

OP Offline
Thanks. Drop me a note at [email protected] if you get a chance.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
B
B
Lan,

How long does it take for your book to reach the Southwest US? I ordered it on 1/4 and still haven't received it.

Thanks

the book is obviously on Belizean time

mim Offline
Thank you Lan for all of your input on this message board which is such a wonderful resource. It also makes clear the warm inviting spirit of the area. I have been looking into Belize for investment and the starting of a craft oriented business venture. I do have to admit that the recent tax increases and unrest has me far more cautious at the moment. I do agree with one statement that it sounds a lot like America under Bush but on a smaller scale. I know that here in Portsmouth N.H. taxes are continuing to rise constantly without better "services." Recently parking downtown alone did a triple hitter increasing the amount of tickets, increasing the times meters must be fed, and lowering the value of you quarter 33.3%. None of us are immune anywhere ...
Mim

OP Offline
BD in AZ,

Where did you order it from? Amazon.com?

I don't think I have a record of any order direct from you. E-mail me at [email protected] with details.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
B
B
Lan,

We received it this past Saturday.

It is an excellent resource, well written and in-depth. Looking forward to the update and it's companion.

We ordered it from the AC.com website. Right side of page 1/2 way down.

Thanks again.

Lan, you have a lot of energy writing, and responding to emails etc.

My friend and I are just getting the Belize Bug - I'm heading down this weekend and will def. want to check the real estate scene for house or property that we can partly rent out, but I wonder about being absentee landlord most of year.

I notice there are many businesses for sale. Why?

Well Lan, since your post has been hijacked from the start, I'll continue the trend.

I find it absolutely incredible that someone would intentionally inject US politics into a post that was originally a request for input regarding living in Belize. What is even more disturbing is that the poster has absolutely nothing of value to say regarding your request (nor do I, and I'm taking liberties by continuing the abuse) but makes no bones about adding his or her opinion.

The only reason I don't own property on AC is that my accountant, a trusted advisor, has a deep aversion to off-shore ownership. But I'm working on him and am interested in hearing the input you seek...without prejudiced commentary.

Thanks for your efforts. Now, can we get on with it and hear from those of you with relevant experiences?

* I Go Pogo *
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.