Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211013 - 01/10/05 07:47 PM Renting a room
ColbyAtePaste Offline
Hello, I am a young photographer from Utah and have been to AC once and am going again in a few weeks. I have a place to stay this time around, but i would love to come down for a longer stay and shoot a photo documentry on the city of San Pedro. Is there anyone in the city that rents small SECURE rooms by the month. Are there apartments or small houses for rent, or even just a bedroom from a local. I want to sell my car and stay for as long as I can. Any ideas or people I should get in contact with while I am down in a couple weeks?

#211014 - 01/10/05 11:09 PM Re: Renting a room
klcman Offline
just curious -is your doc for a personal project or for commercials endeavors?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#211015 - 01/11/05 07:34 PM Re: Renting a room
ColbyAtePaste Offline
It is personal. The first time I was down I shot one on a small scale and was very very happy with it. I donated a few prints of it for the school fundraiser that was in Texas a few months ago. I would love to come down and do some more shooting. If it turned out very nice I definatly would not be against showing it somewhere. But in no way am I going to have a money making venture.

#211016 - 01/11/05 08:41 PM Re: Renting a room
kippe Offline
CAP, there are lots of rooms and apartments for rent, but some of them are not really in a secure area and most apartments are only rented on a lease-basis, minimum six months. Just found out today that Oscar's gym is renting rooms,($100-125BZE a week, pretty standard if you want private bathroom), that might be an option for you. There are also some really cheap hotels that would probably give you a deal on a longer stay, as long as you are here in the off season. Generally the Boca del Rio area is safe and nice and beautiful and quiet!!!!.

#211017 - 01/12/05 10:43 PM Re: Renting a room
kerry Offline
if you are interested in corozal, i have a nice place available for rent....

#211018 - 01/13/05 08:12 AM Re: Renting a room
Ernie B Offline
Colby did, indeed donate several of his prints to the SPSC last May. One sold at auction for over $200.00. Nice work ! And Thanks !
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#211019 - 01/14/05 03:10 PM Re: Renting a room
ColbyAtePaste Offline
I just wanted to say thank you for the info. Kerry I dont think i would be able to afford staying in AC then moving on to Corozal, thank you though. I shall go and talk to some one down at Oscars gym next week becuase that sounds right about in my price range, cheep. If anyone is interested in seeing some of my stuff I will be at Carbe Island the 20th to the 27th stop on by, or if you see a young scruffy punk with lots of words on his leg walking around with a big old camera just stop and say hi. Ernie if there is ever anything else that I could donate a print or two for let me know.

Colby D

#211020 - 01/14/05 07:01 PM Re: Renting a room
I will certainly attest to Colby's talents! I have one of his prints on my wall in Georgia.
Colby, see you and your dad in just a few days. AND, I think we actually have a room for you..... will chat when you get here. Can hardly wait to see you both.
Love ya,

#211021 - 01/14/05 08:35 PM Re: Renting a room
Ernie B Offline
Vicki, Yea for you !
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#211022 - 01/15/05 03:33 AM Re: Renting a room
denverdan Offline
Ya well... if Miss Vicki doesn't pull through for a gringo room Colbyboy, I do know somewhere you can lay your head so you can know another part of the Island which our family LOVES! Hey... whats up with that blog and your photo? Ya look REALLY BAD there mon! wink AND... HELLO, I never got a stinkin photo from when you were on AC and you promised me! What's up wit dat too???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.