Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
cindyb Offline OP
OP Offline
Would you be interested in a shopping trip to Belize City from San Pedro?

A couple of us were talking about this and we have little knowledge of the city. I think I have found a taxi driver with a van that will do a "shopping tour" for us. I'm not sure of the price, working on that now. We are thinking get to BC about 10:00, return about 4:00.

If you are interested, email here on the site, drop by the Barefoot Books or call me at 621-6759.

I'll need to know what day the group would like to go and what stores you might be interested in visiting.

Thanks much!

Wish I was there to go with, always wanted to, but did not want to go alone. And did not where to go once I got there.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
L
L
Cindy, When you go on your outing, have a list of the places you would like to go and tell your driver. He knows the city and will plan your route accordingly. We always stop for lunch on our girl days and like the Biltmore or Radisson. They have a very nice buffet and you can have a glass of wine and relax in the airconditioning. Would not reccomend lunch at the Princess (very ho hum) Across the street is a very good resturant however. If you have some idea of things you are looking for will give you a list of stores that I like.

R.B. Mernitz
S
S
The Indian food place on the waterfront is a great stop for lunch, 2 Samosas each and you're ready to roll.

This sounds interesting, but unfortunately I won't be down until the summer. Please be sure to let us know how it turns out.

L&T - can you provide your list of stores and what can be found in them? Thanks!

L
L
O.K. Here is where I go.

Clay pots- Ricky Espeo at Bar Supplies

Office supplies- Angligas Press, also A&R had great prices so check that out.

Appliances--Think the prices are quite good at Corts, but also check out Mirab,Brodies

Dishes and houseware--Hofius,Mirab, Daves and Treasures

Magazines--What we all lust for. The is a shop on the side street near Hofius across from Brodies. Sorry don't remember the name, but someone else may know??

Fabric-Mikado, Brodies doesn't carry much anymore

Furniture - Definitly check the Mirab Furniture, also Corts, Daves.

Mirab- For everthing from pictures, towels, Xmas decorations etc. Lots of good stuff

Food and Beverage- If you like to buy in bulk, you will find lots of food items, coffee and laundry products. Great selection of Chinese foodstuffs

Treasures--Beautiful pottery dishes, accent pieces and handbags

Daves- Lot of different things from lamps, accent pieces, and cookware

Wagons- Be aware they stock seconds and overstock, but have found some amazing bargains here. Great cookware, Got a Krups coffee maker several years ago that retails in the States for over $100 and paid $50 bz. -it's still perking along. Go upstairs and paw thru the bed pillows and bedding etc. Have found Ralph Lauren down pillows , and some good sheets. The inventory changes often, it's one you just have to check out. Be sure you have them turn on that coffee pot, vacumn etc. to see if it works.

Secret Garden- Wonderful artificial plants. Very good quality and nice prices. Accent pieces as well.

R.B. Mernitz
Cindy, when you have details on the pricing, please message me. I am interested in going. Is everyone going to take the water taxi to Belize City or is their another boat arranged? I know sometimes groups here get together and take a different boat when they do shopping trips. I know 2 others interested in going too.

cindyb Offline OP
OP Offline
Lovey, a million thanks for your suggestions! The taxi driver that has been recommended is female and I'm told she knows all the good places and perhaps some lesser-known as well.

Simon - thanks for the lunch suggestions!

Ke - are any days better for you than others? The two of us are pretty open right now.

We were thinking water taxi because of cost, but would certainly consider "de plane" too.

I should know more about the cost today. I'll get a quote on 4 and if we get a couple more, so much the better.

I think MANY more would go, perhaps you should make some fliers up. I know a friend who said like 20 people went about six months ago and they were interested in going again.

You wouldn't consider a weekend, would you?
Otherwise Tue, Wed, Thur

S
S
Get 14 and you can charter your own plane.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.