Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#212914 04/12/06 03:29 PM
OP Offline
Hi,I will be visiting San Perdo Belize next week for 2 months. Does anyone have any advise for someone who doesn't swim. What is there to do? How are the people? I'm from California( Very Diverse State), 35 yr old, Black female.
Do the people there look down on people from other States.

The people are great, the best part of Belize. Come and have fun.
Eat the local food at the park talk to the locals.
Take a couple of tours, the tour to Lamanai is my favorite in that you get to see a lot of different things. A lot of people have an opinion on who is the best. There is more than one good one.

Take the water taxi to caye caulker for the day, hang at the split and eat at Rasta Pasta.

Bike or golf cart to explore the the island

Do a beach bar crawl, the bars are not hard to find. If you like nightlife its there to be had.

You might just go out on a snorkel tour and watch them feed the fish.

OP Offline
Thanks Bill. I was down in San Pedro 5 weeks ago and didn't do anything. But I loved the island. Being from California everything is "go go go" here but, San Pedro was so relaxed and slow. I can't wait to come back next week. I may move there. How much is the average rent there? Can you tell me more about the Lamanai is the same as The Ruins Tour?

Tanganaya - I'm just a tourist that likes to visit San Pedro now and again. Lamanai is is one of the ruins tours - you leave early on a boat for the mainland, they furnish a fine breakfast ( rolls, small sandwiches, fresh fruits, juice and coffee) go up a small river to a little place called Bomba (sp?). Then on the little green bus for an hour then another 20-25 minute boat ride to Lamanai. Great lunch at Lamanai. Guides will
keep you informed along the way, there and back. Get back like 6 pm.

Others can tell you much more about living there. Email kra-z-k, she moved there recently and seems to understand the ecomonics of doing so. I did see what seemed to be a very nice one-bed appt for $550 US. I think it is still in the rent or sale portion of this board.

S
spl Offline
S
I don't get it, you were here 5 weeks ago but are asking if the people there look down upon those from the states?? How long were you here for? When you ask is Lamanai the same as the ruins tour, what are you asking? Lamanai IS a ruin. You also mention you did not do anything here and that you do not swim. There is plenty to do there besides swim. Did you do any nightlife?

T
T
When you say you were there and didn't do anything and ask about the people, what about it made you decide you might move there?

It appears from her posts that Krazy K does know quite a bit about the country, sounds like she's been through more than SP and been living there awhile now. BB has a good idea to contact her.

OP Offline
Tillie, I'm sorry you feel that I'm out to get more than general infomation. Or so your email implies. I was on a business trip and I didn't speak with many of the locals. Regarding moving there: When I was there 5 weeks ago I met someone that I MAY consider moving there for. Please don't worry about replying to this post because I can see where this is heading. Please know, everyone on message boards don't play games. Some of us just want info Take care

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
tanganaya - there's a lot of silliness here, but there's also a lot of very good information - try using the search function above and review some old posts - it's worth the effort.

OK, everyone here that didn't meet someone that they thought they could move to Belize for (on their first trip) please take one step back.

OK, OK, everyone don't be crowding me like that. Hmm, well, whaddya make of that ... hardly anyone stepping back . . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

BB is right about the apartment. I recieved pictures fron Kay Scott and it is a great deal. Cozy but great. Look under Classified adds.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.