Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#213036 04/30/06 07:54 AM
Simon - I don't see "nothing at all" as an option.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#213037 04/30/06 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
www.alicebox.fr
free wifi modem
free fixed(home) phone
discounted calls to cell phone
tv
20mb dsl

30.00 euro monthly
edit:
UK version for the anglais

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/bundle-2mb-at.html?code=ZZ-NL-11GK

#213038 04/30/06 08:26 PM
H
H
Is promotion of web sites like the last post allowed on this board?

If they tell you it won't work over satellite, they didn't try hard enough!
#213039 04/30/06 08:34 PM
should be under the "classified" section, technically. However, does apply to the serious problem at hand in that it provides alternatives to what the some of the"modern" world is doing and has available. I do not believe it was intended to be a commercial offering, merely a means of sharing relevant info.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#213040 05/01/06 05:50 AM
Mr. Payne, how would this work in Belize, since it appears to be a VOip. If it isn't, wouldn't BTL be able to control it? I'm asking because I don't know all that much about broadband/dsl and the rest of the high tech stuff. Do need an inexpensive way to communicate with those at home, tho. If ti would work, why hasn't anyone gone that way yet? If it does work, let's all sign up. With the rates BTL charges, it would make sense to use these others for our internet/voip.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#213041 05/01/06 06:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Originally posted by Sun&sand:
Mr. Payne, how would this work in Belize, since it appears to be a VOip. If it isn't, wouldn't BTL be able to control it? I'm asking because I don't know all that much about broadband/dsl and the rest of the high tech stuff. Do need an inexpensive way to communicate with those at home, tho. If ti would work, why hasn't anyone gone that way yet? If it does work, let's all sign up. With the rates BTL charges, it would make sense to use these others for our internet/voip.
Its one of those "center of the universe " things.
In europe a local call was nevevr free such as in the USA , where "local"calls have no charge.

BTL is no different.

NOW, however, europeans can have free calling from your home phone ( non cell) Free for me anywhere in france or , the british can have it free anywhere in the UK.
SO WHY DO YOU NOT have it in the usa ?
And why do you expect belize to give you what you do not have in your own country ?

In other words technology now exists, that americans do not have because they cannot figure out how to charge you for it JUST like voip

#213042 05/01/06 06:50 AM
OK. We DO have this in the US...it's VONAGE, and others. It is placed within your internet provider...(that would be BTL) and the calls are placed via internet (hence, Voice Over Internet Protocol). This is what BTL is blocking and fighting against. If it has to be transmitted over BTL lines and such, how will this help? From what I gather, your offerings are used over the internet....what's the difference?

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#213043 05/01/06 06:51 AM
Unless you have your own service lines, lines that don't have to go through BTL, you are at their mercy. Unless this company is going to come in and start up their own company in Belize, it's nothing that could be used there.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#213044 05/01/06 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Originally posted by Sun&sand:
Unless you have your own service lines, lines that don't have to go through BTL, you are at their mercy. Unless this company is going to come in and start up their own company in Belize, it's nothing that could be used there.
yes, it does look like vonage offers the same for 25 a month. Remember you must have your phone line from your phone company in the first place.
Btl is not quite ready to be a phone line only.
If they are, hardly a belizean could afford what they would have to charge to make up the lost income from long distance.
Besides the UK guy "could" be working on something like tiscali for his belizean customers.

And now, how about , if i lived off of someones wifi, i would never need a phone.
Belize used to rebroadcast tv signal , because they could !!!

edit: " Vonage is an all-inclusive phone service. Vonage gives you local and long distance calling anywhere in the US (including Puerto Rico) and Canada for one low price. We can do this because we use your existing high-speed Internet connection (also known as broadband) instead of standard phone lines"

I first assumed this price was with dsl and i see that is not so. So , indeed europeans have a much better deal .

#213045 05/01/06 07:37 AM
Not so, johnpayne. We have dsl, and can do the same over dsl providers. Just used vonage as an example. We don't have to use our phone lines, it's just more convenient to some. I have had dsl for a very long time, and enjoy using it. Is it available in Belize? I understood everything there to be cable/phone. If that's the case, it won't work in Belize. If we can do DSL at an affordable rate, and BTL doesn't have to be involved, that would be the way to go. For everyone who wants to use the internet.

'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.