Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21382 06/30/06 03:11 PM
OP Offline
I visited Belize once back in 2002. I spent most of my time on Ambergris Caye and took trips to Lamanai and Tikal. I'm considering coming down for another visit. (yes, I'm hooked) While I'd be fine with staying in San Pedro again, I figure I'd better at least check out some other places. I understand Caye Caulker is a bit more remote than A.C.? Is there anything I should know about staying there? Anything you'd recommend I do? I'd like to do some diving, a trip to Xunantunich and an overnight to Tikal. Are these activities as easy to book and get to from CC as from AC? I'm also very keen on just chillin' and drinking a Belikin. I've also heard Placencia is a good place to stay. I'm thinking of making it down just before the high season for about 10 days at the beginning of November. Thanks and hope to see you soon!

#21383 06/30/06 08:34 PM
L
L
Matt, how long are you going for? I went to Belize last year and spent 9 days on AC before heading to Guatemala for a few days and then on to San Ignacio, so I got to see a little bit of everything. I did a lot of research before going and found that a day trip to Tikal would cost me about $350-$400 US and would get me there for the hottest part of the day with alll the other tourists on their day tours. I found it to be much cheaper to spend a few days there and as a result, got to see much more than I would have by doing only a day trip from AC. The same applied to the tours I did from SI... A tour such as Xunantunich that would cost you about $180 US from AC runs about $40 from SI... or, you can do it even cheaper like I did, by joining up with a few other travellers once you get to SI and hire a taxi to take you there, and a guide to show you around once you arrive.

This year I'm only going for a week and will be spending most of my time on the island and maybe only doing one day trip. Since I'm so short on time, it's the best I can do, but if you have more time to spare and want to spend your money more wisely, I'd highly recommend staying closer to some of the sites you want to see so you can get a fuller (not to mention more leisurely) experience.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.