Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#213943 11/29/06 04:58 PM
D
domjo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Looking back on old posts I found what to bring. Quite helpful but left me with the question about traveling with food (wrapped)crackers and stuff. Is it an issue or can I pretty much bring anything that won't spoil. Also one post stated bringing red wine. Can you do that? How do you travel with wine? I'd love suggestions... red wine, the beach and a book...sounds great!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
no problem with the packaged food unless it's meat.
limit on alcohol is two liters. Wrap it carefully, put it in plastic and stick it in your suitcase.

Hon Offline
Wine de Vine has a very nice selection of Chilean reds so unless you really, really like a particular vintner, IMO there is no need to bring wine to San Pedro.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've said this before, but I completely disagree. No decent California reds to be had on the island and what they do have, irrespective of where it's from, is way more expensive than what I pay at home.

Hon Offline
Originally Posted by lawcucui
I've said this before, but I completely disagree. No decent California reds to be had on the island and what they do have, irrespective of where it's from, is way more expensive than what I pay at home.

You are right about the quality of the available Californian's that's why I specifically mentioned Chilean wines, which I quite like.

I usually don't drink a lot of wine when it's hot anyway so I don't find the few bottles I buy too cost prohibitive.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
See, there ya go! smile Variety - nice and spicey! I like you, hon! smile

Hon Offline
What's not to like? wink

The mister has just opened a wonderful Italian Nouveau. I should stop posting now laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I am jealous!!!!

FYI you can bring only one litre per person without being subject to a $90 per bottle duty. just came back from guatemala with 2 per person, and got dinged hard.

make sure you pack it. you cannot bring it on the plane with you per FAA regs.

mr.nuts and I just cracked a lovely bottle of Californian (hey law) Pinot Grigigo. Cheers!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.