Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#215143 - 04/13/01 05:48 PM The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
kman Offline
My fiancee and I may be honeymooning on Caye Caulkner and I was looking for suggestions on some of the nicer lodging facilities on the islands

#215144 - 04/13/01 10:09 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
have a look at
there are links there for many of the accommodations on Caye Caulker.
I would suggest that a private cabana would be ideal for your honeymoon...they are actually very affordable, and very beautiful and private!!!
Have a look at
I think you might find just what you are looking for!!!

#215145 - 04/15/01 01:07 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
I would definitely recommend Tree Tops Hotel for honeymooning. It's in a beautiful location close to the shore, but not too far from the center. It's clean and private and very well run. Request a room with private bath for maximum privacy.

#215146 - 04/19/01 11:11 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
I stayed at the seaside cabanas in Feb. for 8 days with my husband and they were fabulous. The places were clean and very cute and the staff was unbelievably helpful. The prices were great too, may be a little higher than the average price on Caye Caulker because everything is so cheap-but compared to the US it was a fabulous deal!

#215147 - 04/25/01 10:09 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
Try a privately owned beach house! Prime location.

#215148 - 04/27/01 03:51 AM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
I would also like to suggest the Iguana Reef Inn. I stayed once and then returned to the island and decided to stay there again. When I go next time I shall stay there again. So I guess I am sold. On Caye Caulker you just cannot beat it.

The person who recommended you try a private house didn't mention maid service. You certainly don't want to have to cook or clean up after yourself on your honeymoon.

If price is no object check out Cayo Espanto just off Ambergris. Very private and luxurious. I can't afford it so can only drool over the photos. It was also a featured destination on Temptation Island. They have their own website.

Should Iguana Reef be booked solid and unable to accomodate you for your dates the main building at Seaside Cabanas would be a good alternative.

Whatever you do choose for accomodations, you have definitely chosen the right island.
Congratulations and Best Wishes for a long and happy life together.

#215149 - 05/19/01 08:02 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker

Everything was PERFECT...check out the pictures on made the place look fabulous....BUT IT WAS MORE BEAUTIFUL IN PERSON!!!

I give them my THUMBS UP!!!

#215150 - 05/31/01 01:19 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
How many rooms with private bath does Tree Tops have? Do they have a website or email, I'd like to ask them for more details and maybe photos. Thanks

#215151 - 06/02/01 08:08 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
Most hotels and other things in Belize are online.

#215152 - 06/03/01 05:01 PM Re: The nicest place to stay on Caye Caulker
Thanks to Ch'eel for the link to Treetops. If so many places have websites, why isn't there a single place with all the links? For example, this website has a very long list for lodging but only four have links even though others (eg Treetops) have their own sites. I'm looking for a place to take a group that may be fairly large by Caye Caulker standards (9).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 80 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day