OUR DON'T MISS LIST:
We just came back from Caye Caulker!!! Fantastic journey, way too short though.
Here's a short and sweet list (lots of food) of things not to miss while in Caye Caulker...
1) Ras Creek's tour: Find him around the Sandbox (just off the pier) in the mornings from 9-11. His tour leaves about 11:30 and it is glorious! He sometimes does night boat trips looking for crocs. Tell hime Tracy and Pat say hey!
2) Often there are children walking about asking folk if they would like to buy freshly baked island treats...it's all good, but the coconut bun to to die for. (not the bread though that's good too). It's so yummy I'll be craving it forever more.
3) If you plan to do a tour to the Mayan ruins at Altun Ha, go with Anwar Tours, they're on Front St. We went with Rico last week and he's very good. Bring sun block and water!!
4) The conch friters at the Sandbox rock!
5) The Lazy Lizard bar at the north end of the isle is a great place to hang and chill out. Lots of folk go for happy hour and if you get there at dusk you can dance with the wind on the roof!
6)Early morning walks around the isle...always lovely to view a place waking up.
REMEMBER TO SLOW DOWN & ENJOY!!!!