Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#215313 - 11/15/01 11:02 AM Water Taxi
We will be visiting CC in late January - this will be our 4th visit to the island - We have always taken the water taxi from Belize City to CC - however, in reading different posts, it sounds like the last shuttle for the day leaves for CC at 3:00 - We are arriving on Continental at 2:30 and I am not sure we will make it - Was there ever a later shuttle that left at 5:00 or did they discontinue it - Does the shuttle ever wait or leave later? Thanks for any insight.

#215314 - 11/17/01 03:32 PM Re: Water Taxi
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
That's cutting it quite short. Tropic Air flys to Caye Caulker on request, as a stop before San Pedro and I think their last flights leave at 5:30 p.m. You will probably not clear customs and immigration and make it to the water taxi in time for the last boat to Caye Caulker. Your alternative would be to spend the night in Belize City and take te first water taxi over. www.cybercayecaulker.com
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

#215315 - 11/18/01 03:32 AM Re: Water Taxi
helper Offline

take the plane there, save the water taxi for the trip back

#215316 - 11/18/01 11:37 AM Re: Water Taxi
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
I agree with Helper. The flight is nice, you see the reef and the island from the air, but the water is an adventure. http://www.cybercayecaulker.com/Gettinghere.html
I just rechecked the times (unless something has changed) and the last taxi leaving the Marine Terminal is at 5 p.m.
The last boat to San Pedro leaves at 3 p.m. www.cybercayecaulker.com
p.s., I'll double check the schedule times and post again, they change from time to time.
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

#215317 - 11/18/01 01:33 PM Re: Water Taxi
Mermaid Offline
The last boat leaves Belize Water Taxi Terminal at: 5 PM, not 3 PM as stated on an earlier post.

Customs clearing at the airport is approximately 1/2 - 1 hour; Taxi Cab to the WT TERMINAL is approximately 20 - 30 minutes.

#215318 - 12/02/01 02:29 PM Re: Water Taxi
Mermaid Offline
The last flight from the BZE International for Caye Caulker leaves at 4:15 PM, not 5:30 PM as stated by Cybercayecaulker.

It annoys me every time I read a post from Cyber Caye Caulker (which should really be 'cyber ambergris caye'!) with wrong information about caye caulker.

Cyber Caye Caulker is constantly passing off San Pedro, Ambergris Caye information as Caye Caulker information.......come on cyber...get with it!

Perhaps now that you finally left Ambergris Caye and are finally living among us in Caye Caulker, you will promote us better instead of continuing to confuse our prospective guests with wrong info.

No information is better than wrong information! Double check before you post; don't just guess!

I'll be double checkin ya, cyber!

Da Mermaid

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (DJ's @ the Beach, 1 invisible), 86 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.