Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215323 11/21/01 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm looking forward to visiting to Caye Caulker in early December. I'm planning to get my SCUBA certification. Is their a particular dive shop that anyone could recommend for beginners?
Also I was planning on finding a place to stay after I arrive. How busy is tourism on the island the first week of December? Should I reserve in advance? Are there homestay options available on Caye Caulker?

#215324 11/21/01 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Yes I do. See Patti and OJ at Paradise Down. I got my certification in February with them and they are wonderful! VERY safety conscious and patient! Very reasonable prices. Paradise Down is right on the front street attached to Oceanside Bar. They have new equipment and I highly recommend them. I dive with them every time I am in Belize!

#215325 11/22/01 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It starts to get busy in the begining of Dec. so you might want to make a reservation. there are some homes for rent at www.caulkercabanas.com

#215326 11/25/01 04:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
For many years I dove with Belize Diving Services. Have since switched to Paradise Down and now prefer them. email is [email protected] Their instructors are very good, prices are quite reasonable. You should be able to get certified in 3-4 days in that wonderful, warm, clear water.

There are quite a few good places to stay on the island. All depends on your price range and needs. Best to have a reservation, at least for the first night or two. Then you can look around and see whether you made the right decision.

For top notch service and spacious rooms I prefer Iguana Reef Inn. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. www.iguanareefinn.com

Have a wonderful trip and welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

#215327 11/25/01 09:39 PM
D
D
For Dive Certification Packages, including Beach House Accommodations, check out the website:
www.staycayecaulker.com

Cheers,
Diane

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day