Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#215455 - 12/29/01 09:00 PM Leaving at the middle of Jan
Grant Offline
Hi, about 6 years ago me and a buddy went to Ambergris Caye on a whim, staying in cancun and descided what the hell, well back then it was pretty cheap, but we let off someone at caye caulker and always thought that, the island looked awesome, so now I have a sweetie and we are heading to caye caulker.

OK now we have no reservations, so hopefully shouldnt be a problem, she wants to stay at a cabana but what happens happens, anyways here is some questions, I am from Canada..so do you bring canadian money..exchange it there or US. Alright and flights from Cancun..any hints..??? Price??? Any really good deals on the island I should know about??? Also will be doing alot of scuba diving and try to bone fish, bringing a little spinning rod, any good areas on the island to bone fish,..its light tackle 6lb test line. Alright the banking stuff is big what else...well any other help would be great, she (my sweetie) wants to head to the mainland too...something about a mud bath??? OK anyone with some answers or advise please help me out..thanks Grant Kelowna BC Will be there (caye caulker) Jan 20th 2002

#215456 - 12/30/01 12:49 AM Re: Leaving at the middle of Jan
helper Offline
Sorry, no flights from Cancun to Belize. There are flights from Cancun to Chetumal on AeroCaribe the commuter associated with Mexicana. Bus service is inexpensive and takes about 6 hours from Cancun to Chetumal. From there you can catch another bus into Belize.

#215457 - 12/30/01 03:29 AM Re: Leaving at the middle of Jan
GRAFFICE Offline
hey grant-you really should just give up on the cancun thing and head straight for belize. if you need to stop there i've read many times that the bus trip into belize is quite nice. i haven't seen people exchanging candian $ to belize but anyone will take u.s. and give you change in bz. let me know how your trip goes-i haven't been to caye cauker yet but can tell it is a great place to hang out. have some friends that went there for diving and loved it make sure you do a day trip to san pedro with your sweetie--- have a ball!!!duane

#215458 - 12/30/01 05:34 AM Re: Leaving at the middle of Jan
Su_Amigo Offline
Grant, let me know if you need help on the Cancun/Cancun Airport to Chetumal by bus, part of your trip, let me know your ETA into Cancun, I have bus schedules in hand.

#215459 - 12/30/01 08:15 PM Re: Leaving at the middle of Jan
Anonymous
Grant, I agree with Graffice skip Cancun and go to C.C. you will love it. Most places accept travelers checks. Your fishing gear will work well, just get some fresh conch and have fun. Bring what ever tackle you ned because tackle is hard to find and expensive.I brought some extra hooks and weights to give to the locals and they really like it. Also there are some nice snapper,grouper and cuda at the split but you will need some leaders for them. If you would like to do some spear fishing I rented a spear gun from Tsunami.

#215460 - 12/31/01 08:49 PM Re: Leaving at the middle of Jan
Grant Offline
Thanks guys on your help, actually I did the bus trip the last time, and it was a awesome bus and excellent trip...the time for that is a waste of our vacation time, I think spending some coin and getting to CC is the best plan for us, if we stay for 3 weeks sometime maybe take the bus, Th cancun thing is just a couple nights and just a party atmosphere vacation before the relaxation and mosquito bite vacation, anyways guys thanks for your help, do you know if exchanging money in Belize city is a better exchange than San Pedro or CC. And yeah definatly taking the sweetie to San Pedro, any other destinations anyone recommend thinking of taking a 3 day dive boat trip..see some red footed booby birds..what do you think???

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (JaHo, joekerland, 1 invisible), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,026 Topics
462,221 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day