BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi, about 6 years ago me and a buddy went to Ambergris Caye on a whim, staying in cancun and descided what the hell, well back then it was pretty cheap, but we let off someone at caye caulker and always thought that, the island looked awesome, so now I have a sweetie and we are heading to caye caulker.

OK now we have no reservations, so hopefully shouldnt be a problem, she wants to stay at a cabana but what happens happens, anyways here is some questions, I am from Canada..so do you bring canadian money..exchange it there or US. Alright and flights from Cancun..any hints..??? Price??? Any really good deals on the island I should know about??? Also will be doing alot of scuba diving and try to bone fish, bringing a little spinning rod, any good areas on the island to bone fish,..its light tackle 6lb test line. Alright the banking stuff is big what else...well any other help would be great, she (my sweetie) wants to head to the mainland too...something about a mud bath??? OK anyone with some answers or advise please help me out..thanks Grant Kelowna BC Will be there (caye caulker) Jan 20th 2002

H
H
Sorry, no flights from Cancun to Belize. There are flights from Cancun to Chetumal on AeroCaribe the commuter associated with Mexicana. Bus service is inexpensive and takes about 6 hours from Cancun to Chetumal. From there you can catch another bus into Belize.

G
G
hey grant-you really should just give up on the cancun thing and head straight for belize. if you need to stop there i've read many times that the bus trip into belize is quite nice. i haven't seen people exchanging candian $ to belize but anyone will take u.s. and give you change in bz. let me know how your trip goes-i haven't been to caye cauker yet but can tell it is a great place to hang out. have some friends that went there for diving and loved it make sure you do a day trip to san pedro with your sweetie--- have a ball!!!duane

S
S
Grant, let me know if you need help on the Cancun/Cancun Airport to Chetumal by bus, part of your trip, let me know your ETA into Cancun, I have bus schedules in hand.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Grant, I agree with Graffice skip Cancun and go to C.C. you will love it. Most places accept travelers checks. Your fishing gear will work well, just get some fresh conch and have fun. Bring what ever tackle you ned because tackle is hard to find and expensive.I brought some extra hooks and weights to give to the locals and they really like it. Also there are some nice snapper,grouper and cuda at the split but you will need some leaders for them. If you would like to do some spear fishing I rented a spear gun from Tsunami.

G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks guys on your help, actually I did the bus trip the last time, and it was a awesome bus and excellent trip...the time for that is a waste of our vacation time, I think spending some coin and getting to CC is the best plan for us, if we stay for 3 weeks sometime maybe take the bus, Th cancun thing is just a couple nights and just a party atmosphere vacation before the relaxation and mosquito bite vacation, anyways guys thanks for your help, do you know if exchanging money in Belize city is a better exchange than San Pedro or CC. And yeah definatly taking the sweetie to San Pedro, any other destinations anyone recommend thinking of taking a 3 day dive boat trip..see some red footed booby birds..what do you think???

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day