Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi, my girlfriend and I will be leaving on the 16th of January, and we will be getting into Cancun and from there getting to Belize, I have previously taken the (Awesome)Bus geting into Chetumal then taking the Batty bus to Belize...have to spend the night and then took the water taxi..well this trip I want to get in ASAP so was thinking of flying from Cancun or maybe taking a bus early in the AM and maybe grabbing a flight (not sure where) thats why I am asking...What is the best plan for me you think...???? Does anyone know when the earliest bus from Cancun leaves..I heard you can fly out of Chetumal..or Coracol (misspelled ..sorry) But just looking to waste no time on a bus or travelling to get there??? Any help would be great!!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Check www.mayaislandair.com or www.tropicair.com for flight times.

M
M
There should be a 6:00 AM bus from Can Cun to Chetumal. About $17.50 US.

You can have a Chetumal Taxi drive you across the border, preferably to the Corozal airstrip, but not sure if they are allowed to do this. You may have to get a local Cab at the border to take you to the Airstrip. About $10.00 US (Chetumal/Belize Border) + $17.50 US (Belize Border / Corozal Airstrip).

There is an EXIT tax at the Chetumal Border. About $18.00 US (or maybe that is Belize dollars! Not sure:-(

Flights from Corozal to San Pedro are twice daily on each airline: Maya-Island Air and Trpic Air. The cost is: $70.00 Belize dollars one way ($35.00 US).

There are also two flights from Can Cun to Chetumal (Mon., Wed. & Fridays); approximately $170.00 US One Way.

G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
thanks mermaid...we leave Cancun Sunday Morning say we take the 6:00 am bus..not sure how many hours but when we get to Corosol will we make a flight to San Pedro??? And no flights on Sunday leaving Cancun at all to Chetemal???

G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Mermaid or anyone else..is there not a flight into belize from Chetamul, I heard there was planes that fly from there into Belize city..then just take a cab to the ferry and there you go..not sure if that is the way to go..what do you think..I know we will take a 6:00am bus into chetamul and from there either go Corosol and fly directly into caye caulker or fly right from Chetumal..?????????????????????????

H
H
There was service on AeroCaribe from Cancun to Belize and Chetumal to Belize but it is no more. They still serve the route Cancun to/from Chetumal. Look on the Mexicana Airlines website for the schedule.

In Chetumal cross the border and get to the Corozol airstrip, from there fly to San Pedro and on to Caye Caulker on either Tropic Air or Maya Island Air.

If you miss the plane take the bus to Belize City and then a cab to the Municipal Strip to fly or to the watertaxi for speedboat service.

Good luck.

S
S
Grant, I don't know what time you get in to Cancun Airport, but I would take the bus from the airport to Playa del Carmen, $7.00 US, for your overnight, make your bus reservations for the next day, eat dinner and chill out, this way you can sleep about an hours longer the next morning. The first bus out is at 6:15AM, the next at 7:15 the trip to Chetumal takes 5 hours +/-. Bus or Taxi to border and Corozal, there is a 3:30 & 5:30 flight to SP/AC, stops on CC are by request.

[This message has been edited by Su_Amigo (edited 01-09-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.