Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#215544 - 01/09/02 06:28 AM Water Taxi question
Anonymous
My husband and I will be arriving in Belize City International airport at 3:51pm on February 5. My question is: with customs and baggage claim, will we have enough time to catch the 5:00 Water Taxi to Caye Caulker?
Also, where does the Taxi drop us off on CC? On the website it says "the main dock" but I haven't seen that on a map yet.
Does anyone have any tips to make the trek from Belize City to CC any easier?

#215545 - 01/12/02 02:48 AM Re: Water Taxi question
helper Offline
Fly. After you clear customs at International reenter the terminal building and purchase a ticket on Tropic, Maya or Island Air. Flight is about 10 minutes in a small plane.

#215546 - 01/12/02 05:56 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Mermaid Offline
Maya and Island Air are the same; it is now called: Maya-Island Air and their last flight for Caye Caulker leaves at 4:15 PM. However, with previous reservations they may be persuaded to 'wait' for you to clear customs.

Try: t.travel@btl.net for reservations.

#215547 - 01/15/02 08:34 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Anonymous
Thank you both for your responses. However, I really would rather save the $100 and take the Water Taxi. Do your replies indicate that we will not be able to make it to the Marine Terminal by 5:00?
Thanks again for your help.

#215548 - 01/19/02 03:21 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Anonymous
You should indeed be able to make the 5:00 p.m. water taxi. When you get to the island, if you need assistance booking snorkeling, dives or inland tours, please stop by my office. I will be glad to help.

Wendy A.

#215549 - 01/22/02 05:17 AM Re: Water Taxi question
katgirl Offline
What's the best way to get from the airport in BC to the water taxi terminal? Cab? Or is it short enough to walk. We will have bags with us.

#215550 - 01/22/02 07:52 AM Re: Water Taxi question
Anonymous
You will need to take a cab - cost $17.50 U.S. It is a half hour cab ride.

Cheers,
Wendy A.

#215551 - 01/22/02 04:08 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Anonymous
I know you can get the "water taxi to either BC or AC, but what about to or from Corozal?

#215552 - 01/22/02 06:56 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Mermaid Offline
Apparently there is a BOAT RUN between Corozal and San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.

The boat is THUNDERBOLT. It leaves San Pedro for Corozal at 7:00 AM (1-1/2 hour boat trip) and departs Corozal at 3:00 PM daily. The cost is: $40.00 BZ.

There is a flight from San Pedro to Caye Caulker at 5:10 PM on Maya-Island Air (10 minutes), $26.00 US per person. Otherwise, you can spend the night in SP and catch the water taxi the following day.

Cheers

#215553 - 01/23/02 04:28 PM Re: Water Taxi question
Anonymous
Thanks Mermaid that will get me started....

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (IGAmel, JaHo, ragman, JED), 40 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.