Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#215754 - 01/29/02 11:16 PM need some help ?
Anonymous
Hi

I've been to caye caulker last year with my girlfriend and we both liked it very much !

I'm wondering if it's possible for you
to accept my staying on the island for about 3-4 months in order to help you guys
restore the island from the disasterous hurricans. I'm not asking for a wage, only food & accomodation. staying on this lovely island is all I need ... and helping to recover it will give me much satisfaction !

thanks in advance ...

Shim

#215755 - 01/29/02 11:19 PM Re: need some help ?
Anonymous
Shim, Thanks but we have recovered already and are better than ever.

#215756 - 01/30/02 01:01 AM Re: need some help ?
beckyron Offline
I think shim is looking for a free vacation. The people on the caye have already put enough out to get it back in shape from Hurricane Keith. If he/she wants to help people he should go to Placencia, where some help is needed and to not ask for anything in return. That would be a better gesture.

Becky

#215757 - 01/30/02 04:27 AM Re: need some help ?
Su_Amigo Offline
Well said Becky, this person has no idea what is going on, I guess he wants a free bar tab also.

#215758 - 01/31/02 02:35 AM Re: need some help ?
Ragga Gal Offline
Shim, it is like this.
You must be here legally, one year and get a perm. resident card or a work permit to work in Belize as a foriegner. To work on this caye. You must also have written refferal from the village council, which is hard to get in under four months. This I know personally because I have been there. Perhaps you could contact a volunteer force in your country and apply to volunteer in Belize.
Anyways that's the deal. Placencia was the most recent area devastated by Hurricane Iris. That was four months ago.
Thanks for thinking about us, it is a nice gesture with good intentions. Stay cool.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (steeplejack, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day