BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
are there any gay bars on the islanf?? if not where do they all ahng out or do house parties??

C
C
There are no gay bars on the island. Belize as a whole is a pretty conservative society, however, Caye Caulker does not seem to be openly discrimitary toward gay and lesbian couples.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh yes they are, they don't take to gays at all on caye caulker. wouldn't let a gay cruise ship come in. there are a couple lesbian couples on the island that they seem to have no problem with, but gay men i a different story for EVERYWHERE in the caribbean. they are very against it. even write songs about it. i wouldn't say don't come, i just wouldn't let it be known if i were you. some drunk might cause i problem.

M
M
Cruise Ships don't come to Caye Caulker. Some years ago a Cruise Ship full of gays DID come to Belize and yes, in the city they were not received warmly.

However, the group that came to Caye Caulker received a warm welcome and it was 'business as usual' on the island.

Though I agree, while every body 'knows' and 'may not approve' there is no real open discrimination to talk about.

Of course, the gays visiting Caye Caulker don't flaunt it, which helps to make their stay more enjoyable for everyone.

The respect goes both ways.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day