Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Topic Options
#216106 - 05/19/02 01:11 PM LOBSTER FEST 2002
LobsterFest 2002 on Caye Caulker is slated for July 5,6&7!!

Bigger Event than ever planned with live bands, lots of booths, Lobster pageant on Friday night, Fishing Tournament starts on Friday also and weigh in on Sunday.

If you are planning on coming this way, try to make it for that week. It promises to be very good indeed.

#216107 - 05/21/02 02:13 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
Lobster Season is when?

The fest is late this year.

#216108 - 06/01/02 04:40 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
Ragga Gal Offline
Lobster season begins June 15th. The date of CC lobster Fest gives people room to celebrate in both places ( Placencia has a fest too), instead of on the same weekend.
Canoe Race on the Saturday July 6th- Bragging Rights and all.

#216109 - 06/02/02 11:55 AM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
here's hoping that the fest is somewhat better organized than last year. with all the corporate sponsorship last year, i think the band should've been paid & everyone allowed to dance. instead, the band was enclosed behind a chain link fence & people had to pay a cover charge to get onto the dance floor. there were more people standing & listening to the music from the outside of the fence than inside and this totally changes the vibe of the party. drop the cover charge & folks will spend more on lobster, beer & other items for sale. the party will have everyone together enjoying the music & dancing and will be WAY more fun.

looking forward to the fest!

#216110 - 06/02/02 01:03 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002

I believe the Lobster Fest is a fund raising is somewhat corporate sponsored, but the rest of $$$$ to pull it off comes from the group organizing it as a fund raiser.

It is the same with the annual Easter dance. You have to pay to go in, so most people end up standing outside and spend their $$$ on booze instead of dance (because you can hear the music from outside the fence)...

And I agree with you, it does change the karma of the 'party'.

Wish they would find another way of making $$$ instead of on a cover charge for dancing.

#216111 - 06/03/02 04:20 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
The Lobster Fest is a celebration of the lobster fishing industry, which has been a mainstay of the island's economy for decades. We look forward to the lobster harvest every year, as it is the chief source of income for many an island family still. Even with the increase in tourism, Caye Caulker remains very much a fishing village still.

#216112 - 06/03/02 06:53 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
I will be in Caye Caulker from the 4th-9th. Glad to hear there will be a festival but am now concerned about accomodations. Will they be hard to come by? I need CHEAP!

#216113 - 06/04/02 12:27 AM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002

from what i saw last summer, the island hotels & such DO get booked over the lobster fest weekend. i saw many people wandering with luggage from door to door & finding no room at the inns. i talked to one guy who had ROWED over from ambergris, couldn't find a room & had to row back! i know he did it cos i saw him again when i flew out on the same plane he got off of the next morning! anyway, i'd recommend having reservations for that particular weekend. i don't know if the least expensive places like tina's back packer's hostel takes reservations. (someone else can help clarify.) another place i've read is cheap and nice (mara's) has a no reservations policy. in a way that can be good, gives you more of an equal chance of getting a room if you're just arriving off the boat. i dunno how cheap you mean by CHEAP but there's plenty of "budget" places where you probably can still get a reservation at this date. it's worth trying, to avoid disappointment.

mmmmmmm lobstah.

#216114 - 06/13/02 10:12 PM Re: LOBSTER FEST 2002
Caye Caulker Lobster Festival 2002
Schedule of Events

Thursday, July 4th

7:00 p.m. CCTGA Fishing Tournament - Captain’s Meeting, Rainbow Restaurant

Friday, July 5th

5:00 a.m. CCTGA Fishing Tournament – Lines In Time

5:00 p.m. CCTGA Fishing Tournament – Lines Out Time

7:30 p.m. Lobster Festival Pageant

Saturday, July 6th

5:00 a.m. CCTGA Fishing Tournament – Lines In Time

9:00 a.m. Fisherman Mass

10:30 a.m. Round da Caye Canoe Race – Women’s and Youth’s race start time

11:00 a.m. Official Opening Ceremonies

Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies

Guest Speakers

Dance presentations

12 Noon Round da Caye Canoe Race – Youth’s race finish time

1:00 p.m. Opening of Booths

1-2:00 p.m. Round da Caye Canoe Race – Women’s race finish time

1-5:00 p.m. Various children’s games

2:30 p.m. Round da Caye Canoe Race – Men’s race start time

3:00 p.m. CCTGA Fishing Tournament – Lines Out Time

4:00 p.m. Round da Caye Canoe Race – Men’s race finish time

4:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony for Round da Caye Canoe Race

7:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony for CCTGA Fishing Tournament Awards

9:00 p.m. Dance with Griga Boys

Sunday, July 7th

11:00 a.m. Opening of Booths

12 noon Various Games for Children and Grownups

1:00 p.m. Beach Party with Griga Boys

1:30 p.m. Oceanside Swimsuit Contest

3:00 p.m. Punta Dance Contest

5:00 p.m. Close of Lobster Festival 2002

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 82 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day