Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216383 - 08/06/02 11:22 AM coming in november
my new girlfriend and me like to come to caye caulker in november. Ive heard about sea view hotel. How is it?

Whats about other hotels?

#216384 - 08/06/02 11:35 AM Re: coming in november
I forgot to say - we will stay around 8 to 10 days - could we get a discount?

#216385 - 08/06/02 10:37 PM Re: coming in november
check out our web page at Price range $30bz-200bz

#216386 - 08/07/02 03:31 PM Re: coming in november
Hi good to hear you want o spend quality time in Caye Caulker. For more info on hotels try: or

See you in Paradise!

#216387 - 08/07/02 04:30 PM Re: coming in november
Remember that CC is a bit laid back...don't expect to get an reply immediately. Not everyone gets on-line every day. It may take a few days to get enough input for your needs.

There are all kinds of sites for you to check hotel info and price rates. Just look on the bottom of the screen and click on the things that are of interest to you. Many have web sites. There are a number of Mom and Pop places it may take some time for them to reply as many don't have computers on site. But if you are in a rush for these....well sorry. Your patience will be rewarded if you wait and don't jump the gun...FWIW

Please don't be put-off is a very nice place with lots of good people.

Capt. Bill

#216388 - 08/07/02 05:16 PM Re: coming in november
Here is a list of some of the hotels on the island...sorry if i missed anyone.

web sites(just a few)
or go to

here are some of the names i have found (in no particular order (and there are more):-

Lazy Iguana
Iguana Reef Inn
Rainbow Hotel
Ocean Pearl Royale
Tree Tops
Seaside Cabanas
Caye Caulker Beach House rentals
Motel 1788
Morning Star Guest House

Anyone care to add to the list? It might be nice if we can add names to the list for when some one asks.

Capt. Bill

(OK, Wendy, Allie your turn)

#216389 - 08/08/02 06:12 PM Re: coming in november
Chocolate's Hotel looks very nice from the outside, as does The Real Mccaw.

#216390 - 08/19/02 10:24 PM Re: coming in november
Ragga Gal Offline
Sandy Lane, Tom's Hotel, Mara's Place, Daisy's, Edith's and for the cost conscious Albert's, Tinas, Miramar, Martinez, M&N, and more!!! Camping at Vegas too.
As for De Real Macaw, don't listen to gossip, check their website, write the owner and form your own opinion. They are brand new, clean and directly across from the beach. Good luck.

#216391 - 08/20/02 03:58 AM Re: coming in november
memingwa Offline
Try the Do a search an CC accomodations. You'll get so much info your head will spin! Also, Lan Sluder is a well-known writer and magazine publisher. He does "top" lists on many categories, including lodging.

As for discounts for longer term stays- you can always try. Depends on how full the place is, or maybe the mood the owner is in, or who knows? I emailed several places asking for a monthly rate. All I got was quotes on daily or sometimes, weekly. The bargaining has to be done in person.

Pick a place and pay for a day or two, then spend some time looking at the rooms and negotiating if you like it. You'll see the island and meet some neat folks. Many ex-pats and a few Belizeans. If you like sev'l places, think about supporting Belizean owned businesses. Yes, I know, Belizeans work at the non-BZE owned businesses. But it's really not the same. No, I have nothing against ex-pats-who knows, I might BE one someday- but those folks will make their nut anyway. When you support BZE businesses, you often help an extended family. And put the lie of lazy Belizeans to rest.

You'll have a great time, I believe, wherever you end up. Just don't pay up front for an extended period until you see the room. Safest method to assure you'll be happy. Happy trails!

#216392 - 08/20/02 01:47 PM Re: coming in november
mara's place is nice, down by the split(swim area) you should check her out)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day