Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#216561 - 08/25/02 06:41 AM Diving in CC
exsqwid Offline
Coming to Belize Aug 30-Sep 8....staying on CC from Aug 30-??? (depending on how much we love it). Our goal is to do the most diving on a budget (we have equipment minus the tanks) and also to relax and maybe enjoy some nightlife. Looking for the best Dive shop on CC to book diving excursions with (PADI preferred). Suggestions? We're still uncertain as to where we will stay (looking for rooms with A/C, private bath and under $50). Is it better to wait until we arrive on Aug 30 to look around before booking or are reservations necessary? Are most places keen on spur-of-the-moment guests? What's the night scene like? Any place to play pool or other bar type activities? Live bands? Looking forward to meeting people and enjoying a bit of paradise. This is my first vacation at age 35 - any tips to make this most memorable on CC is appreciated as well.

[This message has been edited by exsqwid (edited 08-25-2002).]

#216562 - 08/25/02 08:51 AM Re: Diving in CC
Anonymous
Paradise Down is great. PADI approved and biggest boat and nicest equipment on CC. See Patti,OJ or Maribel at the office inside the Oceanside on Front Street. I highly recommend them, as I certified with them two years ago and keep coming back!

#216563 - 08/28/02 08:19 AM Re: Diving in CC
helper Offline
Unless you are really attached to using your own equipment you really need not bring it along. Save lugging it around everywhere on your trip, paying extra for the insurance on the plane, and tending to it by using the very good rental equipment at the diveshop. It really does not increase the cost much at all but the freedom is wonderful.

I agree with the above poster, Paradise Down is a top notch shop. They are PADI and have a very safe operation. Their new boat, a 45 foot divers dream, gets you to the outer atoll dive spots quickly and comfortably. It even has a head. Their staff are wonderful, quite accomodating and just plain good people.

As for nightlife, try the Oceanside bar and perhaps the Disco. Not alot of nighlife but you will probably be tired from all the diving and want to call it an early night anyway.

Caye Caulker is a great spot, hope you have a terrific vacation.

#216564 - 08/28/02 05:27 PM Re: Diving in CC
Anonymous
i agree

#216565 - 08/29/02 08:10 PM Re: Diving in CC
exsqwid Offline
Thank you all for the good info. We chose De Real Macaw for our first night's stay (keeping our options open)...and we're going with Paradise Down for the diving...we decided to NOT bring our own equipment as well (except mask-snorkel-fins). Thanks again.

#216566 - 08/29/02 08:25 PM Re: Diving in CC
Anonymous
I've been living in Belize for 12 years and I have always prefered to dive with the Belizean owned dive operations - Frenchies.
They are great!

#216567 - 09/05/02 07:47 PM Re: Diving in CC
Grant Offline
Hi was there this past year and definatly like Frenchies Dive group carlos and the rest were awesome to dive with, reasonalbe prices and more helpful then paradise Down actually booked a trip with paradise down and their affilliate boat from Ambergrise broke down and there was no radio on the boat...a few hours of bullshit(sorry about the language) Definatly try Frenchies you wont be dissapointed.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (nina09), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,671 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day