Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216561 08/25/02 12:41 AM
E
exsqwid Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Coming to Belize Aug 30-Sep 8....staying on CC from Aug 30-??? (depending on how much we love it). Our goal is to do the most diving on a budget (we have equipment minus the tanks) and also to relax and maybe enjoy some nightlife. Looking for the best Dive shop on CC to book diving excursions with (PADI preferred). Suggestions? We're still uncertain as to where we will stay (looking for rooms with A/C, private bath and under $50). Is it better to wait until we arrive on Aug 30 to look around before booking or are reservations necessary? Are most places keen on spur-of-the-moment guests? What's the night scene like? Any place to play pool or other bar type activities? Live bands? Looking forward to meeting people and enjoying a bit of paradise. This is my first vacation at age 35 - any tips to make this most memorable on CC is appreciated as well.

[This message has been edited by exsqwid (edited 08-25-2002).]

#216562 08/25/02 02:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Paradise Down is great. PADI approved and biggest boat and nicest equipment on CC. See Patti,OJ or Maribel at the office inside the Oceanside on Front Street. I highly recommend them, as I certified with them two years ago and keep coming back!

#216563 08/28/02 02:19 AM
H
H
Unless you are really attached to using your own equipment you really need not bring it along. Save lugging it around everywhere on your trip, paying extra for the insurance on the plane, and tending to it by using the very good rental equipment at the diveshop. It really does not increase the cost much at all but the freedom is wonderful.

I agree with the above poster, Paradise Down is a top notch shop. They are PADI and have a very safe operation. Their new boat, a 45 foot divers dream, gets you to the outer atoll dive spots quickly and comfortably. It even has a head. Their staff are wonderful, quite accomodating and just plain good people.

As for nightlife, try the Oceanside bar and perhaps the Disco. Not alot of nighlife but you will probably be tired from all the diving and want to call it an early night anyway.

Caye Caulker is a great spot, hope you have a terrific vacation.

#216564 08/28/02 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i agree

#216565 08/29/02 02:10 PM
E
exsqwid Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thank you all for the good info. We chose De Real Macaw for our first night's stay (keeping our options open)...and we're going with Paradise Down for the diving...we decided to NOT bring our own equipment as well (except mask-snorkel-fins). Thanks again.

#216566 08/29/02 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've been living in Belize for 12 years and I have always prefered to dive with the Belizean owned dive operations - Frenchies.
They are great!

#216567 09/05/02 01:47 PM
G
G
Hi was there this past year and definatly like Frenchies Dive group carlos and the rest were awesome to dive with, reasonalbe prices and more helpful then paradise Down actually booked a trip with paradise down and their affilliate boat from Ambergrise broke down and there was no radio on the boat...a few hours of bullshit(sorry about the language) Definatly try Frenchies you wont be dissapointed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day