Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
[Linked Image]

For at least three decades he has been a familiar face on the waters off Belize City, Caye Caulker and all points in between. On Sunday the Belize Audubon Society finally took the opportunity to honour Lionel "Chocolate" Heredia for his life long dedication to Belize's environment. Heredia received the society's James A. Waight Conservation Award, specifically for his educational activities and advocacy for the official protection of Swallow Caye and its numerous manatees. That area was put under government protection in 2002. The James A. Waight award, named after Audubon's first president, was first presented in 1987 and since that time has been given annually.

=============
WAY 2 GO CHOCOLATE! Congratulations!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Well deserved !... congratulations !

R
R
Thats fantastic to hear, some of you may remmeber a couple of years ago a group of world challengers came to your island and repaired and painted the kids playground next door to chocolates place, he rewarded us by taking us to the reef free of charge....what a wonderful experience.

would like to thank chocolate once again, and well done for all the hard work he has put in to Belize's environment.

T
T
Congratulations.

I dont know Chocolate personally but spoke to his wife for a while today and got some good info on Belize and its eco problems(crazy dam project for example).

Nice to know there are people with the knowledge and the commitment to look after what is here and insire others to do the same.

F
F
Hello.
I am a Landscape Architect who's practice has been focused on Ecological, Terrestial and Cultural restoration for over a decade. I am also on the board of the Northwest chapter of the International Society for Ecological Restoration. We will be staying at Caye Caulker at the end of October and early November of this year. I would like to meet "Chocolate" if he has the time and inclination to meet with visitors.
Please pass my message on if possible.
Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 252 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day