Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#217291 - 05/02/03 03:53 AM Auxillou Suites
goldenjava Offline
What does anyone think about Auxillou Beach Suites?

Can you swim across the channel that cuts through the island?

#217292 - 05/02/03 02:15 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
RUSS Offline
golden; i've seen it only but it's supposed to be pretty nice .as for swimming across "The Split": no problemo, in fact, swim across and eat at miss claudettes for the best, cheapest snapper lunch you can find!

[This message has been edited by RUSS (edited 05-02-2003).]

#217293 - 05/02/03 03:14 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
Anonymous
I had the pleasure of staying at the Auxillou Suites over the Easter weekend during my last visit to Belize.

I was stunned by the beauty and cleanliness of these suites. They were fully equipped with all the conveniences ... A/C, fans, stove, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, cable TV, a king size bed ... the works! Unlike some of the other accomodations on CC, you get fresh linens every day. There are only four suites and all four were occupied the time that I was there. I heard nothing but good comments from the occupants of the other three suites, one of which was Dr. Alvaro Rosado himself. I highly recommend the Auxillou Suites for anyone not on a backpacker's budget and willing to spend a little more for the best accomodations on CC. These suites are particularly good for families since they offer all the conveniences of home and are spacious so you're not crawling over each other.

Steve D. Swasey
Dayton, Ohio USA

#217294 - 05/02/03 05:04 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
sunshine Offline
Auxillou Suites currently has an introductory rate of:$99.00 US ( +7% Tax ), not $40.00 US.

This is a bargain price, considering the comparison to other establishments in that price range / category.

#217295 - 05/06/03 04:43 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
Anonymous
Lunch at Miss Claudette's across the split is really worth the swimm, it's like coming to a different world. And very nice creole cooking!

#217296 - 05/06/03 06:28 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
goldenjava Offline
Sandflies? Bring Long lose clothing? Is this more for night time? Isn't it real hot to be in long clothing?

How wide is the split? Easy to swim across?

#217297 - 05/06/03 07:32 PM Re: Auxillou Suites
RUSS Offline
GOLDEN: i visited CC last month with a large can of bug repellant and never used it until i got back on the golf course in texas! never wore anything other than swimsuit or shorts either, but better to be safe....The Split is a short swim, 50 yards? - and very do-able, worth every stroke to get to miss claudettes! worst case, there's usually a boat occasionally to take you across. also, you can pay heather at costa maya when you return so you don't have to swim across with $$$ !

#217298 - 05/13/03 04:14 AM Re: Auxillou Suites
Karencat Offline
I just got back from Caye Caulker. My husband, 2 1/2 year old son, and myself. Had a fantastic time. Wendy Auxillou from Auxillou suites booked all our activites and provided spacious new acommodations (best on the island). located right in the center of town and right on the ocean. Did all the leg work on activities (diving, fishing, and cave tubing, local plane tickets) so we could enjoy our vacation. I will definately stay with Wendy next time and have her book all our activities. The Grid Iron was a favorite for hanging out in the evening. You felt right at home like Norm Peterson from the start. Very friendly island I would highly recommend. Pay the bucks ($46) for the flight from Belize city instead of the ferry. I great start and end to the vacation.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Spork, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day