Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi, see alot of posting on this site and was wondering if you could tell me alittle bit more about caye caulker, we are thinking about staying at De Real Macaw apartments, can you tell me about that part of town, as far as beaches go are they nice?? How about get to were the food and drinks are? Can you walk to all of them? see were people have said the south side of town is the best for beaches any information would be a huge help! Thanks alot Wendy

R
R
wendy; everything there is in walking distance, lots of great places to eat, just stop in any! the rainbow, dave's bbq, marin's and don't miss coco plum cafe! there is no real "beach" there as you may see in many island getaway brochures, but swimming off docks apleanty and a small spot on the NORTH end at "The Split". By the way, swim across The Split and have lunch at Miss Claudettes - the best! Cheers!

[This message has been edited by RUSS (edited 05-14-2003).]

S
S
Russ,

Miss Claudette is currently the hostess at "Tina's Guesthouse".

So if anyone needs food, they can find her here for the next couple months; not across the Split.

Cheers,

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Wendy-woo,

Most people posting on the board are island folks. Most of them have some business or the other on the island.

It is a small island with a communal athmosphere. Business people respect each other and would rather not comment, than comment for or against an establishment they have not been a guest in themselves.

It is going to be difficult to get a straight answer here unless the posting comes directly from a guest that has first hand information about a particular place.

I suppose after you have stayed at De Real MaCaw, you can place your posting here for other travellers like yourself.

[This message has been edited by Mermaid (edited 05-14-2003).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
De Real MaCaw is located on the main street. It is a block away from the local disco and center to everything on the island.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Contact us for more information on a variety of establishments on the island.

Let us know what your budget is, how many people are in your party and what dates you would like to book.

Treasured Travels

[This message has been edited by Mermaid (edited 05-14-2003).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Perhaps one of these days we should have an Open House Day on the island, whereby establishements can show their accommodations. That way, more people will have a clearer picture of what each one offers.

R
R
SUNSHINE: GRACIAS! I ATE @ MISS CLAUDETTES 3x IN MARCH AND IT WAS THE BEST, GLAD TO KNOW WHERE TO FIND HER WHEN I RETURN. TINA'S HOSTEL IS CLOSED NOW, NO? IS THE GUESTHOUSE HER NEW PLACE?

S
S
Yeah - Tina's Guesthouse is the Pink House on the beach, one property north of the main pier.

It has only private rooms now ( double occupancy ). Shared bath and a shared kitchen.

But with Ms. Claudette there, it would be good for the guests to just chip in and have her cook meals everyday.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Ms. Claudette just cooked a pot of curry for my guests at Diane's Beach House.

She's been chatting them up and telling them 'old time stories' too.

I am sure they have enjoyed her stories and her food.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day