Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#217417 06/10/03 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
What happened to Mr. Alcaron? Is there a chronic police abuse situation on the island?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
there is a chronic headache on the island called the sunset view disco and hotel. it should be closed down or burnt to the ground. it is a festering rat hole that is responsible for 95% of the problems of the island. get rid of it and there goes the islands headache in one swoop.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I heard that the police were going to clean up the island. Are they going to shut down that cesspool of a disco? What were the results of the shooting investigation? We are planning to visit soon, and would like to know what is going on before we come down, otherwise we may want to visit another place until we know.

N
N
One reminder guys! What you are talking about is for the rest of the world to read. I think you should make it known that since the new officers have been on the island for the past five months crime has fallen significantly yet we do not hear praises over this. The cops get one black eye and the whole island goes crazy. Only in Caye Caulker!

none
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Good point, well taken. Not to alarm anyone, just want to know. I for one am glad to hear that the officers are helping to get the crime in check. It is such a beautiful laid back island and I hope it stays that way.

C
C
I have met the sargent on the island and from what we talked about,and what i have seen, his dept. has done more in the last few months than what was done in years before he was there.

Crime needs to be put in perspective. A lot of people think that Bz City is the pits....and it is if you go into the wrong neighborhoods. No matter where you go in the world, you need to be aware of what's around you.

FWIW---travel smart and keep your head up/be aware and run away if there is a problem...common sense?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
For those out there not very familiar with Caye Caulker - this is a very low crime place. That is the point that some might miss. A real crime here is big news. We have petty theft and that is about it until the disco was built by bad guys from the city.Now we have a violent crime among their group every few years.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I have visited caye caulker at least a dozen times and have always felt plenty safe. The news story I read about the police shooting was alarming and I was only curious as to the investigation results. I have never been to that disco. It does not sound like someplace I would want to go or go near either.

G
G
whers is this disco...and why is it soo bad..whats going on there???

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
wanna get rid of most of the drug and gang related problems in belize...........get the u.s.a.'' d.e.a '' outtah the country and legalize ''all'' drugs..........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day