BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217925 02/04/04 07:39 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I am traveling to Belilze for the first time in December, with my husband and 13 year old son. I'm looking for the perfect place to stay on a budget. I've looked at all the websites, read my Moon guide, and I'm still having trouble. Has anyone booked a house through Caye Caulker rentals? Were you happy? Were they clean and ready for you when you arrived? They look very nice and they are affordable for us. They are not in town however, or on the beach. How big of a hardship is this really? I liked the idea of us having a little space to stretch out,have some privacy. A very nice luxury when traveling with a teenager. We can walk anywhere in a short time right? Or rent a bike? A TA is stronly recommending the Anchorage or Tropical Paradise. Any input there or other recommendations? I really like a private verandah/balcony with a nice view to enjoy my morning cup of coffee. Thanks to you all. I'm very happy to find this board!
-Brenda

#217926 02/05/04 07:04 AM
C
C
When you say budget,what is your price range?

#217927 02/05/04 12:52 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I am spending about $80 a night plus tax. For that I want a private bath, a veranda, a fridge is nice and a small kitchenette is better though not a must. I like the house idea, because it's a bit more romantic to have a separate bedroom for my hubby and I, and it gives us all some space. It's a much nicer vacation when we don't get on each others nerves.
I really appreciate any help or comments. Thanks!
-Brenda

#217928 02/05/04 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Auxillou Beach Suites are very nice and right on the beach.The owner Wendy is VERY nice and helpful.

#217929 02/05/04 02:12 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the advice Lee. I have seen Wendy's input on this board, and I am impressed with her. I'm not sure if those suites are 2 bedroom or within my price range, but I will email her and check. Do you or anyone else have any experience with Caye Caulker rentals? Though they are not on the beach or in town, they look very nice and are in my budget. Thanks.
-Brenda

#217930 02/05/04 11:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Well, the only place I have stayed is Wendy's place. Her sister Tina has a less expensive place next door. There is a kitchen for everybody to use. Wendy's has one bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room, TV and a/c

#217931 02/07/04 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"They are not in town however, or on the beach. How big of a hardship is this really?"

Not much. You are right that you can walk everywhere. And mostly, a beach location is just good for the view. Tropical Paradise is towards the south edge of "town" but still very close to everything; it does have a small "beach" area for its guests - looks nice but we didn't stay there, just walked by. Most of the shoreline is not what we would call "beach." (Hence the quotes!) Okay for beachcombing but no place to throw down a towel and lie there.

No experience with CC Rentals. Sorry

#217932 02/09/04 11:01 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I plan to book with Caye Caulker rentals today. Amanda has been very responsive and helpful, and the house looks great. We can walk to town or ride a bike, no hardship.
Thanks to everyone for your help! I was finally able to book my Christmas trip for 3 on frequent flyer miles. There were very limited dates to choose from and looks like we will have to stay in Belize 4 more days than planned! Geez, ok, if I have to! :O)
-Brenda

#217933 02/14/04 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It might be too late for you, since you have already booked your accomodations; but it is worthy to note that for parents traveling with teens, the following option. If you are looking for privacy, why not book TWO hotel rooms. We stayed in a couple of places that ranged in price from $25 to $40 (US) a night.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day